Little Mix - Glory Days: The Platinum Edition | Page 1243 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little Mix - Glory Days: The Platinum Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by PopCrushed, May 24, 2016.

1. That attitude right there is why it will never happen for them there.

They can play as many million gross shows as they like and still carve out time for at least 10-15 little venue shows in the States which could do wonders for them in expanding their fan base.

Instead, they won't and alienate said fans even more than they have already.

No fan or them can complain about nothing happening there if they're not prepared to put in the work. Simple as that.

nomoresadsongs and claire_louise like this.
  2. Exactly.

I used Jade's boyfriend as an example of a band who are willing to put in the work.

I know it's completely different because Little Mix are HUGE in the UK however, if their ambition is to tackle the States then they should take a leaf out of bands like The Struts' book and actually put in an effort of getting out there.

claire_louise likes this.
  3. Now would be the perfect time for them to try out territories like South America, in my opinion. They've just racked up a fortune from one of the biggest girl group tours ever, they're coming off the back of their most successful era in the UK and other established areas, and there's undoubtedly enough interest to justify the trip. They can afford to take a few weeks/months off from being all-conquering to work on expanding their fanbase.

4. They must visit South America and Asia. I mean, honestly. Also, they should pay a bit more attention to Oceania next era. Get Weird was overall a much bigger success over there than Glory Days.

5. In addition to what you guys said above, another 'barrier' for Little Mix is that a rock band like The Struts can tag along to a bunch of mini-theatre rock tours with other 4-5 small bands and rock fans attend. Little Mix would have to be the headliner, playing small venues for little kids. It's a very different approach. The best they can do is keep opening for big acts and continue to build a fanbase like that. Or give up and focus on Latin America and Asia.

motorbike likes this.
  6. If you're talking exclusively about the States, I think the general consensus here is that giving up is the wisest thing they could do. Or at least put a lot less into it than they did last year. Asia and South America would give them much greater returns for a lot less time and effort.

john2y likes this.
  7. Ella's mom is suing.

Rem, Subspace88, londonrain and 14 others like this.
  8. *is dead*

londonrain likes this.
  9. SHAKING

Solo album front and back cover.

Rem, Subspace88, Florencia. and 7 others like this.
  10. She must be freezing!

londonrain likes this.
  11. *slain in 4 points in the Top Answer game*

12. I'm suing her.

Bruno Ferreira likes this.
  13. Actually from what I’ve seen Little Mix’s US fan base is mostly teenagers, as the exposure isn’t there for young kids to even find their music. Almost all the fans left are people who have been fans since like 2012/2013. But the rest of the point is correct, it’s a different approach for a pop group. An opening act slot like the ones they’ve done for Demi and Ariana would’ve been the best way to go had they actually set out with more promotion and not the mess that was their radio plan last year.

john2y and nomoresadsongs like this.
  14. I agree- I do think they owe the USA a show. I live here half the year and would love to go with friends to see them do a full set. I just don't see it happening any time soon. I agree with you, just sadly don't think the label sees it the same way.

AbCF15 likes this.
  15. Lead single "Going Club (feat. Lucy and Lydia)"

MadameX, Murdoch, Felp and 2 others like this.
  16. It's the exact reason why I didn't get tickets, I was so disappointed in their Glory Days concert and will probably never go to see them again, and I go to a lot of concerts. It just felt cheap bare.

JMRGBY88 likes this.
  17. POWER is one of the official song’s for WWE’s PPV The Royal Rumble . Get that promotion girls !!!!

18. She looks incredible!

19. Nothing Else Matters is getting a stan card.

HollyDunnSomething likes this.