Lorde - Melodrama | Page 243 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lorde - Melodrama

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Bobbyrae, May 7, 2015.

1. Green Light is amazing but it's a better song than single.

Subwaykid likes this.
  2. If she doesn't give a performance of Supercut at the Grammys that brings the entire audience to their knees weeping and literally set afire, then 2018 is canceled early.

3. I think I'd rather see The Louvre and it’s soaring outro get the Grammy moment treatment, but yes a Grammy performance in general would be lovely.

4. [​IMG]

5. When the industrial noise in Hard Feelings hits:

[​IMG]

But you know what's coming next...

6. Rem

Rem

Liability breaks my heart. The part where she goes 'We slow dance in the living room, but all that a stranger would see is one girl swaying alone stroking her cheek'.
    [​IMG]

7. LTG

LTG

I hope she gets an ad at least half as iconic as this before the Grammys.

Synthline and MusicFan like this.
  8. I'm not usually the one for mashups (unless it's cupcakKe) but I randomly clicked on this in my recommendations tab and..

[​IMG]

9. This album has honestly made me cry more than any other I've ever listened to. It catches me off-guard at the most random of moments. I can be happily enjoying my day and then BAM I'm being transported back into a former toxic relationship. It's such an incredible body of work, but I find it almost impossible to listen to from start to finish because it's so emotionally draining.

She's such an unbelievable talent.

HazMango, dodoriazarbon, Ferk and 4 others like this.
  10. It’s not even in the top half of the album but Liability manages to cut me through the heart every single time. Hearing someone articulate feelings you always thought were unique to you, and made you feel so isolated growing up, is an incredibly liberating feeling.

SMG, Sam de Jour, Ferk and 2 others like this.
  11. This album has somehow only opened up more during this winter season. Writer in the Dark, Hard Feelings, and even The Louvre’s outro all fit rather nicely with the cold, dark, quiet and pensive nights.

All this really means, I think, is that it’s become one of my favorite albums.

HazMango, LTG, Mr.Arroz and 9 others like this.
  12. She deserves to win. I know she probably won’t. But she should. I’ll be forever pressed that the ever elusive GP didn’t latch on to this masterpiece.

13. What exactly did Alicia Keys do last year?

14. Big pop girls aren’t a thing anymore. Whose dupe are you/who were you before you were banned the first time?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  15. The replies to that tweet are tragic.

"WHERE IS CAMILLA?"

In the bin where she belongs.

16. A hunty zoned in on my Perfect Places t-shirt last night and we spent a good 20 minutes talking about Melodrama in the queue for the bar. It was like this thread in real life, I was so taken aback but in a really good way. It’s easy to forget that music fans like us on this forum actually exist outside of it.

Low key think he may have been a member teebs.

17. Big pop girls might be having less success but it’s not too much to still ask for competent album campaigns. Also this is the first account I’ve made on this forum so I’m not sure what you’re getting at or why you’re being so hostile.

Terminus likes this.
  18. I mean she rather undeniably should be there over Alicia but work.

19. Now sis you stan Queen Lisa of Scott-Lee, let's not.