Louisa Johnson - Best Behaviour + Album Discussion | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Louisa Johnson - Best Behaviour + Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by D.Jay, Dec 13, 2015.

1. It's.....a conspiracy

2. it makes sense if you want to perform your own songs only

3. Dull single and she comes across as a bit awkward but she has some potential so hopefully there's a good plan for her debut album. Although if it's all ballads then bye, bye.

4. Maybe I've just completely forgotten, but when did she even sing Let It Go on the show?

5. The James Bay song Let it Go. Which I actually think should be the blueprint for her - James Bay/Elle King rather than Beyoncé/Rita.

Island and Robsolete like this.
  6. Oh right, of course. I never even thought of that.

7. I literally thought her winner's single was an Alphaville cover until just now.

That's disappointing, even though it still probably would have been pretty awful.

8. She reminds me of Christina Aguilera vocally, and the public is quite over that kind of "schtick" when it comes to what they want to listen to on the radio. Her tone is so bland. A good belter can win X-Factor, but they won't sell.

West End in a couple of years.

steste, nick_au and dylanaber like this.
  9. Is the X Factor going to be on next year? I'm sure I read that it was taking a break.

10. I didn't think the X-Factor winners could get more bland but this year the crop of contestants were very... Mediocre. Louisa can sing, but she's yet to develop a personality. She seems like the kid of gal who will throw her diva strops and fade into irrelevancy but the time the 2018 comes around.

All those bloody ballads give the girl some fire please!

11. Syco need to drop the Johnson and just have Louisa as her artist name. That surname does not belong in the music industry and it normalises her to no end. Plus, her social media accounts are already set up with the (highly sought after and rare) first name handle so they should take advantage of that.

12. This only has a small lead over Bieber on the iTunes chart which is unthinkable for an X-Factor winners single at this stage. Given the impact of streaming and losing out on a few days of sales, this could struggle to reach #1 on the official chart. Physicals might save it though as X-Factor singles are the kind of things parents (bad ones) buy for their kids' stockings.

steste likes this.
  13. Has it ever been talked about how she managed to do this? Nowadays everything's so clogged up it'd be @louisa_johnson_official17_xf

nick_au likes this.
  14. I didn't watch X Factor, but was curious when I heard she was covering Forever Young. Its awful.

Appropriately damp squibb of a single for this series.

15. It is quite strange...

16. Probably just contacted whoever had the handle previously and paid them off, no?

17. It's not *that*difficult (if you're a big TV show/famous/etc) to contact someone at Twitter about it. If the previous owner of @Louisa had been inactive for a certain period of time (two years, I think) they can delete the account and hand the name over. Just lucky I guess.

Personally I think this is a really bad winner's single, and I'm saying that in the context of previous winner's singles, which are mostly crap. I'd kinda love Bieber to stay at No.1 instead.

Vasilios likes this.
  18. Justin remaining at #1 with a song that Louisa herself performed on the show would be delicious.

19. I've got high hopes for Louisa. Somehow I knew that many on PopJustice with their ridiculously high popstar standards would say she was 'overrated' and has 'no personality'. What kind of world are we living in where this girl doesn't have the potential to be a great popstar? Please.

constantino likes this.
  20. She's on Syco's label though, any potential she may have will be squandered.