Maluma - Felices Los 4 (Single) + X (Upcoming Crossover album) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maluma - Felices Los 4 (Single) + X (Upcoming Crossover album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by alestevens, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Maluma had an interview with Idolator. It's very interesting if you want to read it:

http://www.idolator.com/7660160/maluma-interview-english-album-america-tour

He said that he's recording songs in English, that he's working with American producers, that his next album is going to be bilingual and will try to have a nice balance of Spanish, English and Spanglish.

He said that he tried to convince Shakira to release an English version of "Chantaje" but she didn't want to.

And he seems really excited about his upcoming era.

Some interesting quotes:

"I’m proud to be one of the artists who can sell out the Microsoft Theater. I can’t wait to do it again and see the American people, the non-Spanish public singing my songs. But this is only the first step, what’s coming is going to be very, very big."

"I don’t want leave out my Spanish or my Latin world, but I want to grow in this American world. And to do it, I have to do it in English, because if I don’t, they are not going to understand what I say. So yes, I want to release some music in English, but I will try to keep the balance — songs in Spanish and English."

"I’m so excited because Pretty Boy, Dirty Boy was my second album. I did it two years ago and it’s the album that made me travel around the world, tour around the world. That’s crazy, but I’m even more excited for what’s coming. My next album is going to be global and that’s what I want, that’s what I’m working for."

"Now I want to conquer this American world, and that’s what I’m here working for. I think that I have the right elements around me to make it happen, and I feel so grateful."

"I’m going to come back -to the United States- because I have a lot of things to do here. My American dream is just starting."

In case you're not familiar with his music, here are some of his hits:

2. Nn well that's really frustrating. It could've been a hit.

Leopold, mylesofsmiles93 and popzone like this.
  3. Chantaje could've really took off in the US with an English version.

Perched for this though. My bussy is ready.

dd

Leopold likes this.
  4. Wooo I've been waiting for that move for awhile

alestevens likes this.
  5. Perched for this. He's so hot. Hopefully the male pop artist we deserve

6. Me too. This is really really exciting for me. His huge drive to get the most success he can is reminiscent to that of Taylor's or Ed's. I don't know how his era will turn out, but even if he fails i can already tell you it won't be for lack of trying!

7. Here for the male Shakira.

Chantaje is amazing!

8. I hate Chantaje. This is better

9. Maluma is teasing something coming on April 21st:

10. Flop opinion.

11. Could've easily replaced her on the English version. I'm sure Camilla Cabello would've sold her soul for it.

Leopold likes this.
  12. Coming for Pitbull's bilingual crown.

13. Actually he mentioned on the interview that he couldn't do it without her because it's her single for her album and not his.

On related news, Maluma posted about Chantaje reaching 1 Billion views on Youtube. Then he said "Prepare yourselves for what's coming" and tagged Shakira. So there's a chance that the thing being released on April 21st is his new single ft. Shakira!

FrankOnline88 likes this.
  14. Maluma featuring Shakira? His refusal to let the other pop gorls live is incredible.

I'm sure it'll be great. I'm like, 75% here because he's gorgeous but he actually has so much potential for crossover success and he constantly delivers bops. I'm so ready.

Leopold likes this.
  15. Yeah. It's almost confirmed that they filmed the video a while ago when he visited Barcelona for no apparent reason, and the paparazzi caught them leaving a filming studio. Apparently the video involves something with milk because there was a milk truck near to the studio!

Txetxu likes this.
  16. I'm perched.

Leopold likes this.
  17. Here's one of my favourite Maluma features

Leopold likes this.
  18. I reckon the new single might be out already in some territories. It's called Felices Los 4.

Video should be dropping soon as well:

And he's been featured on Billboard Latin alongside J Balvin and Nicky Jam.

MarlonBrando86 likes this.
  19. By the way, I just listened to the new song and... I don't really like it...? It's not bad by any means, just not my cup of tea, I guess.

It does sound like a smash, but of the Latin America-only type.

20. I liked it. But you're right, it's not the kind of song i'd expect to do well in Europe, for instance.

By the way, the music video is out:

MarlonBrando86 likes this.