MarieMarie – O [German harpist takes on atmospheric pop] | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MarieMarie – O [German harpist takes on atmospheric pop]

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by A&E, May 16, 2018.

1. A&E

A&E

Marie Scheiblhuber’s harp credentials reach back to the early 00s, when she toured with many artists in her home country. A decade later, she began her solo career, releasing the colourful Dream Machine and participating in Germany’s selection for Eurovision 2014 with two songs lifted from that album: “Cotton Candy Hurricane” and “Candy Jar” (notice a pattern?).

For some reason the album and most of its music videos had been taken down last year.

MarieMarie’s second album titled O came out just last week (May 11) – delayed by over a year. The shift is instantly noticeable, and not only because she’s literally let her hair down. The cutesy lyrics have been replaced by darker themes, while the harp is no longer at the forefront but melding perfectly with other instrumentation to create moody, atmospheric soundscapes. But enough of me trying to describe my latest obsession, just sample the singles and get transported into MarieMarie’s universe.

A Beautiful Life

Wrap Your Night Around Me

Island, Kuhleezi, Noir and 2 others like this.
  2. A&E

A&E

Kuhleezi, Noir, Riiiiiiiii and 4 others like this.
  3. What a coincidence she released this on the exact same day as Ssions album, also called O !!

Imma listen!

A&E likes this.
  4. A&E

A&E

I knoww, though MM's album first was supposed to appear in 2017 and then on 2 March 2018 ddd.

Kuhleezi and Riiiiiiiii like this.
  5. Oh I'll be sinking my teeth into this when I wake up!
    Thank you, this sounds awesome!

A&E likes this.
  6. So I've gone through this album and it is brilliant; I keep coming back to Salt is My Sugar

A&E and Riiiiiiiii like this.
  7. A delay ready songstress?

[​IMG]

Island and A&E like this.
  8. Island, Fascination and A&E like this.
  9. It's very nice indeed. It's perfect for playing during my nightshift <3

A&E likes this.