Maxine Ashley | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxine Ashley

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by slimane, Jan 9, 2011.

1. slimane

slimane Guest

Provided the vocals on my favourite pop single of last year with Alex Gaudino...so underrated that one. She on Pharrell's Star Trak label now and is only 17! Should be interesting to hear The Neptunes concentrate on one female artist...it's a long time since Kelis. She was briefly in a Xeno group aswell...they should have kept hold of her she's better than Jessie Whatherfacekouti.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
  2. Re: Maxine Ashley (the I'm in love (I wanna do it) girl

I love her vocals on I'm In Love, she seems promising.

3. slimane

slimane Guest

Re: Maxine Ashley (the I'm in love (I wanna do it) girl

Agreed. Very joyous and fun.

4. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I LOVE HER!

I have spent so much time thinking of her potential!
    But Neptunes...hmmm they have the reverse Midas touch.
    I am worried.

She could be a kind of a poppier new Rihanna but I am scared Star Trak will do a Livvi Franc.

5. Re: Maxine Ashley (the I'm in love (I wanna do it) girl

Does anybody know if she's been featured on any songs since I'm In Love? She was pictured out with Pharrell again this week so she must still be with his label.

6. Re: Maxine Ashley (the I'm in love (I wanna do it) girl

I've literally no idea who she is, but this new song of hers is great and so is the music video.

[video]

This house track collabo and her Pharrell/movie-related song are pretty good too.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  7. Re: Maxine Ashley (the I'm in love (I wanna do it) girl

I fucking love 'Between You and I'! They did a good job with the aesthetic in the video too.

8. Re: Maxine Ashley (the I'm in love (I wanna do it) girl

STAN A BIT!
    She's still amazing I see.

9. Re: Maxine Ashley (the I'm in love (I wanna do it) girl

The whole Moodswings EP is great! Her voice is really smooth, reminds me of early Beyoncé vocals

10. Re: Maxine Ashley (the I'm in love (I wanna do it) girl

Maxine's random acapella YouTube covers are really crap, aren't they? I didn't like her proper Glory Box cover either, but that's just me. That song is untouchable.

Her original material is good, though. I think I'm kind of obsessed with the Between You and I music video already.

11. Re: Maxine Ashley (the I'm in love (I wanna do it) girl

This is great:
    [video=youtube;ZGP3nfJOmuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGP3nfJOmuc[/video]

12. 2014

2014 Moderator

I've been waiting so long for her, love that she seems to be going ahead with a career now, I'm In Love is still one of my fave summer dance tunes.

13. Re: Maxine Ashley (the I'm in love (I wanna do it) girl

I have no idea how I missed that posted like 3 posts above mine, but it's good, so it's allowed to be there twice.

14. Re: Maxine Ashley (the I'm in love (I wanna do it) girl

We should just re-post it and bump the thread all day until everyone notices.

Or maybe change that off-putting title. That parenthesis game is confusing me.

15. Re: Maxine Ashley (the I'm in love (I wanna do it) girl

It's been almost 4 years since this thread started, maybe the EP is worth a new thread? Is the EP good? I'm listening to it soon after I heard that song.

16. Re: Maxine Ashley (the I'm in love (I wanna do it) girl

It's very nice but fails to really go anywhere. An ethereal falsetto interpolation of "And all the roads we have to walk are winding. And all the lights that lead us there are blinding" in place of the present bridge would have sufficed.

17. 2014

2014 Moderator

Where can I get the EP from???

18. 2014

2014 Moderator

Unsurprisingly it's not available in the UK. Ew.

EDIT: Hooray, it's there, for £1.49 - bargain!!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  19. This woman is a superstar:

How is she not huge yet?