May PJ Charts - Fresh out the oven, melt in your mouth kind of ratin' | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May PJ Charts - Fresh out the oven, melt in your mouth kind of ratin'

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by digitalkaiser, May 13, 2017.

1. I wish I had something nice to add to my albums list but I've listened to disappointingly few recent albums lately.

digitalkaiser and alanmr like this.
  2. My charts will be in by Sunday.

digitalkaiser likes this.
  3. I decided to delay mine a bit on the off chance we get new Lorde.

digitalkaiser likes this.
  4. Swish Swish Bish...

Is actually a BOP!
    Thought I was done with this Katy era and now Swish Swish has me eating my words like [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 8:42 PM
  6. A few ballots have come in and we've passed a very busy Friday for new music!

Some thank yous, some FYCs and some fun stuff coming tonight!
    Stay tuned!

7. Will Katy Perry's just announced guest hosting gig for the May PJ charts have an Answer for Taylor “Ohnostalgia” Swift's 'April PJ Rate'?

[​IMG]

'This Guest Spot Is Not About Anyone Else'

In a new interview, actual real life May PJ chart host digitalkaiser asked Katy Perry if she planned to finally release a response to Taylor “Ohnostalgia” Swift's iconic April PJ charts rate -- the 2017 Popjustice Hot 100 No. 1 hit everyone took as a diss to Perry -- in her upcoming guest appearances as unofficial co-host of the rate.

"Well, that’s not my question to answer -- if it’s about me," the "Bon Appétit" singer replied about the April rate in question.

Perry continued: "We got to keep it real, honey. May’s rate is not about anyone else! This rate is about me being seen and heard so that I can see and hear everyone else! It’s not even about me!" The star revealed that her yet-to-be-named May guest hosting is set to empower, but warned, "You can’t mistake kindness for weakness and don’t come for me."

Perry also informed digitalkaiser that she had written out 40 new posts for the project but shaved it down to a final 5, at the request of the rate host who thought her antics might be a bit over the top for such a project.

When asked what fans can expect from the project, the “Bomb a Petit” singer responded with confidence; “Don’t come for me! Don't. It’s not about you honey, it’s about all of us. I’m not saying that I’m going to address my haters, but I’m also not saying that I am saying that!”

With weeks to go until the big finale of May's rate, The “Chained to the Rhythm” warbler continues to insist that she isn’t petty;

“I let the music speak for itself, I let the posts speak to the intent of my message. We all have our visions, we all witness what our truths are.” Katy becomes erratic; “April’s hosting gig is the farthest thing from my mind, I don’t even remember what happened! It’s so predictable how the media tries to spin these beefs, but we need to be woke and keep our eyes open!”

Katy Perry’s new song “Swish Swish” comes out May 19th, get a first listen here:

8. The betrayal when I slip Swish Swish into my charts
    [​IMG]

9. I'm so glad the PJ Chart threads are becoming so extra.

10. Sent my charts in! Here's hoping the #MafiaDiVerona come through this month.

[​IMG]

11. OK at least three of these already have my vote but hewm is that cheek-bone serving individual in red that isn't Sevdaliza's decapitated head?

Not that I'm expecting anyone to vote for either but let me serve up a general "4 your consideration" recommendation for two of them anyway because the albums are really lovely: Sevdaliza's scarlet-torched Portishead-isms and blue-flamed Icelandic James Blake/Bon Iver-lite (except so very much cuter) Ásgeir, who's served up two of the best singles of the year no matter what certain individuals* have to say.

@A&E is a fake ass hipster skank don't trust her

12. That's my Berlin boo Thomas Azier and his new album Rouge. Give it a listen! I think you'd probably... no you definitely would... like it. The album booklet even comes stapled with dark red staples which I spent far too long being impressed by than is healthy.

13. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. C'mon music recommendations and surprise finds!

15. @A&E what's up I never see you around!!!

16. I better be seeing some @A&E votes for monthly charts, is all I'm saying.

No pressure !

17. I haven't had a relevant chart in a while but I feel good about 90% of my selections, for a change.

GimmeWork and digitalkaiser like this.