Meghan Trainor - Thank You (Sophomore Album) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meghan Trainor - Thank You (Sophomore Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by TheDangerZone, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    PopIsHot and Island like this.
  2. RJF

RJF

Fuck off.

3. We're okay, thank you.

Island, munro, Wishlight and 4 others like this.
  4. Thank you for listening. Thank me for speaking.

5. She has the best selling female debut of the year with Title, and Title is one of the few platinum albums of the year.

Just for comparison, Aquarius sold 17,000 albums in its first week.

PopIsHot and AshleyKerwin like this.
  6. RJF

RJF

You're dirty. You're dirty and you're foul and you're wrong and you're JUST!!!!

munro, BML, Wishlight and 8 others like this.
  7. I'm still surprised that she hasn't exactly lost momentum. That one John Legend duet is actually doing really well.

Not her and Jamelia sharing the same second album title. Will Meghan's be just as iconic?

PopIsHot likes this.
  8. All I can do is sigh defeatedly. I don't think she's particularly captivating or compelling in the slightest and All About That Bass is one of my most hated songs of the past five years, but it's not like Halsey where her personality is as grating as her music so I'll let ha live and just start prepping for the inevitable radio sledgehammering of the lead single.
    All right then, Tatianna.

9. K94

K94

#celebsthatcopyjamelia

People do far too much with her - I find her totally inoffensive but she has a nice voice and is a capable songwriter. Let's see.

10. I can see this being a really edgy album. I mean with her audience moving from kindergarten to elementary school, she has so much more artistic license.

11. I hope her aunt has a feature on it.

12. The true gay icon.

Island, Smooth Criminal, BML and 3 others like this.
  13. All joking aside, if she really brings it with this album I'm willing to give her second chance.

I think there's some raw talent here, but she's following all of her worst instincts. Like I'm Gonna Lose You is actually a fairly good ballad.

Don't fuck it up.

PopIsHot, Island and K94 like this.
  14. Whatever brings coins for another aunt Lisa video, I guess.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Vasilios and aaronhansome like this.
  15. I'm perched. Half of Title was kind of enjoyable. If she moves away from the cheesy doo-wop sound, she could be great. Like I've said before she's a pretty capable writer & producer so she'll be around for a while even if it isn't in pop star form.

She's also keeping her label afloat therefore allowing Ciara to release albums so we need her.

16. No thanks.

Andy French likes this.
  17. Thank you and goodbye.

Island, BML, Mr.Arroz and 4 others like this.
  18. 3AM is a bit of an early Britney bop. I know her music is overly inoffensive but at least she can write and her songs have melodies (unlike certain other female pop acts).

PopIsHot likes this.
  19. I don't care if she can write or not. Maybe if she wouldn't write the songs would be better.

20. She needs her own 'Animal' and then I'll be here for her but right now it's all about her Auntie, Lisa Toney.

MrJames, Noir and Island like this.