Melanie C - Version Of Me (7th album) & General Discussion | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melanie C - Version Of Me (7th album) & General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DoggySwami, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Mel is going to be busy for the rest of the year. In addition on he role of Mary Magdalene on the Jesus Christ Superstar arena tour, she's releasing an album of covers of songs from her favourite musical shows:

They revealed the collaboration this morning on twitter:

Melanie C [email protected]
    *Drum roll* I am very proud to announce my beautiful friend @EmmaBunton has duetted with me for me new album Stages #babyandsporty!!

Me and @EmmaBunton and have recorded the fantastic,'I know him so well' Singing together again is amazing and emotional. Love you baby! x

Emma Bunton [email protected]
    @MelanieCmusic so excited, love you lots!!! #babyandsporty

Being back in the recording studio with the amazing @MelanieCmusic was emotional and brought back so many memories!!!! Loved it!!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  2. Re: Melanie C - Stages (new album featuring Emma Bunton)

Interested to hear the duet with Emma, but I'm sure it won't be a patch on Emma and Mel B's classic duet "Sophisticated Lady"

3. Re: Melanie C - Stages (new album featuring Emma Bunton)

I have always wondered if Melanie was the backing singer of "All I Need To Know" by Emma but apparently no, she wasn't credited...

4. Re: Melanie C - Stages (new album featuring Emma Bunton)

Melanie has said they haven't recorded the video yet...so I guess it's going to be the first single!

5. Re: Melanie C - Stages (new album featuring Emma Bunton)

Can't wait to hear this song. The two best Spice voices!

6. Re: Melanie C - Stages (new album featuring Emma Bunton)

Nice to see "Mel C" trending in the UK at the moment. Superstar is on ITV1 right now!

7. Re: Melanie C - Stages (new album featuring Emma Bunton)

I love Mel so much I'm glad she's doing so well.

8. brave2012

brave2012 Guest

Re: Melanie C - Stages (new album featuring Emma Bunton)

This entire project reeks of Martine McCutcheons 2002 flop "Musicality"

9. Re: Melanie C - Stages (new album featuring Emma Bunton)

You wish love Melanie is doing very well.
    Cow's like you are bitter for the sake of it.

10. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Re: Melanie C - Stages (new album featuring Emma Bunton)

There's absolutely no need to call other users cows just because they have different opinions.
    Also, pre-Musicality Martine was doing very well too.

11. Re: Melanie C - Stages (new album featuring Emma Bunton)

It's quite funny to think that Musicality is not far from Silver in certification!

12. Re: Melanie C - Stages (new album featuring Emma Bunton)

To be honest, it's not like her album sales can drop much more, and if she's releasing this kind of record is because she can be perfectly profitable with her minimal fan sales and tour revenues.
    Besides, her Spice royalties will allow her to finance as many albums as she likes, specially now with the musical coming.

She's in a really enviable situation in which it doesn't really matter how good/bad she does. She can do whatever she wants. Very few people in the industry have accomplished that.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  13. Re: Melanie C - Stages (new album featuring Emma Bunton)

I really hope Bunton appears at the Shepherd's Bush gig in November and performs the duet. And maybe a canny Spice song too.

14. Re: Melanie C - Stages (new album featuring Emma Bunton)

Here's to another "Never Be The Same Again".

15. Re: Melanie C - Stages (new album featuring Emma Bunton)

I remember going out and buying the Pokemon soundtrack JUST for this song. It cost me like $30 AUD back then too.

I think Rhett Lawrence co-wrote and produced this song. I'd like to think that this is around the same time that he and Melanie C wrote and recorded 'Never Be The Same Again.' Or at least it got them in the same room and thinking about working together.

16. Re: Melanie C - Stages (new album featuring Emma Bunton)

Oh and I am very excited to hear the duet. Good on them. As a fan for the past 16/17 years I never would have believed that there would be a time when they'd be re-recording music together. Especially after Melanie went through her 'anti-spice' days.

17. Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  18. Re: Melanie C - Stages (new album featuring Emma Bunton)

I'd always had a fantasy that in some parallel universe my fave three Spices (Mel C, Geri and 10 years ago Emma) would do an I Know Him So Well trio like the Steps girls did. Not sure Bunton has the pipes to belt this one like Tozer and Richards did, glad Mel is getting publicity from it all, if only The Sea was being released NOW to match her heightend profile instead of last year.

19. Re: Melanie C - Stages (new album featuring Emma Bunton)

I really hope that if "Stages" is somewhat successful, she is able to release one more single from The Sea.

d