Melodifestivalen 2017. | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melodifestivalen 2017.

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Txetxu, May 15, 2016.

1. After watching Frans taking a Top 5 position last night, I definitely wonder what our lovely country will send next year to Ukraine.

Will it be a dance pop extravaganza? A lovely ballad with a political message as the background? Discuss!

2. Wiktoria or Ace Wilder, please.

3. AGNES WITH RELEASE ME 2.0

4. This needs to happen.

5. I imagine next year's Eurovision will be awash with stories touching on political histories sung in both English and the performer's native tongue.

Or they can stick to the ESC manual and sing songs about love and peace.

6. Samir & Viktor 4 life

7. Fredrik Kempe said he wanted to write a song of redemption/revenge/comeback/whatever you want to call it, for Anna Book next year after her song was disqualified this year. But who knows if he'll remember that he said that / that SVT would pick it / that anyone would care...

A&E likes this.
  8. A&E

A&E

Only because of this:

enchantmentbelle, Txetxu and Gasur like this.
  9. I think Anna Book will be back next year after the whole disqualification fiasco.

I am hoping for some absolute bangers this go around...Or does anyone think we'll have an another Undo on our hands.

Maybe Queen Papz will make a return?

I love Melfest Season.

10. I must add 2 lovely little cents: Melodifestivalen 2016's final was the strongest final ever - every track that made it was wonderful and any entry out of the Top 7 could have made a great Eurovision entry.

ItTakesAMuscle likes this.
  11. When's it all starting up again?

12. Will we have the same presenters as this year? That girl with the bad nose job and her harem of interchanging guest hosts?

13. • Deltävling 1:
    4/2, Göteborg
    Deltävling 2: 11/2, Malmö
    Deltävling 3: 18/2, Växjö
    Deltävling 4: 25/2, Skellefteå
    Andra chansen: 4/3, Linköping
    Final: 11/3, Stockholm

The names of the competing artists usually come out around end of November / early December.

Zing! We must wait a while longer for the host to be revealed as well. Last year it was the middle of November that this was revealed.

14. Also the winner of the Svensktoppen nästa contest is guaranteed a performance slot in Melodifestivalen 2017 -- as Les Gordons was the winner this year, it looks like our first piss break is already confirmed (if they don't suddenly turn into a club banger band, that is) -- here is one of their songs for a comparison:

Wait I messed this up, Les Gordons didn't even win but they still got the spot. Boo!

Rhombus likes this.
  15. How come the winner didn't get the slot? Did they turn it down?

16. I'm trying to find a confirmation of this somewhere, but I think it's one of those "We reserve the right to pick who we want among the finalists" type of things. This happened last year as well. (Possibly because it used to be that the winner was guaranteed the spot, and in 2013-2015 the winner didn't make it out of the semifinal, so they expanded the possibility pool.)

Rhombus likes this.
  17. That's too long to wait! Does the producer/director of the ESC in 2016 (can't remember his name for the life of me) usually produce and direct Melodifestivalen?

18. Yes, it looks like Christer Björkman will be back as the producer again, and I imagine Henric von whatever his name is will also be back as the director.

The tribute to Christer in 2012 at the QX GayGala is basically a schlager wet dream medley (and also Swingfly and Andreas Johnson). Like I legit want this lineup at my funeral:

ItTakesAMuscle likes this.
  19. Haha! I've never heard of the term schlager music so i've looked it up. It is precisely what I love about the majority of ESC tunes. Can I ask a question? Who is the singer at 10:21? That song is GREAT! Nice to see young a Sanna and Mans!

20. That's Malena Ernman, the opera singer who went pop in 2009 with "La voix," which she co-wrote with Fredrik Kempe (the bald guy clapping in the crowd at 10:22) and won Melodifestivalen 2009:

Rhombus and ItTakesAMuscle like this.