Melodifestivalen 2018. | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melodifestivalen 2018.

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Txetxu, Mar 22, 2017.

1. This was a fun bit of nonsense back in ‘02 but like... @Christer sis, it’s 2018.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  2. Krista's hosting the Finnish finals this year.

hownee likes this.
  3. I really did think we could keep Mendez down, seeing as we haven't heard from him in a decade or so...

hownee and popknark2 like this.
  4. That didn't stop true talent from doing both contests this year

[​IMG]

But yes I would also be here for a Nanne Grönvall return in the old duffer Legends of Melfest© spot in the contest.

constantino, Aries and WowWowWowWow like this.
  5. Looking forward to Sigrid Bernson, "This Summer" was a cute little bop...Not surprised that Benjamin Ingrosso is back, even though I think his songs after "Good lovin'" were much better, especially "One more time"

Shockbox likes this.
  6. Not FO&Solo happening already. Keep it.

7. Benjamin is also a bit of a babe so he gets my vote.

I'd like to see Agnes return to the show with a Release Me 2.0 stomper to snatch our wigs.

londonrain and ImaginationS like this.
  8. WowWowWowWow likes this.
  9. [​IMG]

Christ this is already shaping up to be terrible ddddd.

10. OK but "Idag och imorgon" (or as my friend used to call it "HEY MORON") is iconic

popknark2, Aries and KamikazeHeart like this.
  11. Based on how Kikki has been presenting herself on Swedish television for the past few weeks in Så Mycket Bättre, she'll be a laughing stock of next year's Melodifestivalen. Those country songs in Swenglish are vile. However, if her management are clever she could make it to the final.

Kikki is misery personified. Sad middle-aged woman misery. She's the most depressed person in Sweden and although she's mocked, I think most people feel for her deep inside. She should do a slow schlager ballad/mid-tempo (or even a country ballad if that's the genre she prefers nowadays) with some heartfelt lyrics about her struggles. I'm thinking how her kids never visit her anymore, how awful her divorce was, how she spent Midsummer's eve alone and not even Lotta and Bettan called her (she was actually sad about this in an interview a few years ago), how nobody visited her on her birthday or at Christmas. If the song and the lyrics are good and if people can relate, she'd be in the final. Certain of it.

I realize that this is super cynical and not the schlager bop the people of Popjustice wants, but oh well. At least she has bops in her back catalogue. For example, here is hours and hours of her 80s super smash ”God morgon”. Should've won!

(Also, @KamikazeHeart you are not allowed to comment on this post at all. Because you're Swedish and clearly prejudiced about my Kikki Danielsson upbringing.)

12. Yeah, she does seem to have led a pretty sad life, unfortunately! My favourite MF entry of her is this one from 1983, beaten by Miss Häggkvist!

13. More rumoured contestants courtesy of Aftonbladet:

Norwegian act Kamferdrops (who released a cover of a Kikki Danielsson's Jag trodde änglarna fanns this Summer):

Renaida Braun (who was a contestant on Swedish Idol in 2016):

Finally we have someone to potentially stan for girls!

[​IMG]

A&E, popknark2, K94 and 5 others like this.
  14. If any folk females with banshee voices dare to participate...

[​IMG]

WowWowWowWow likes this.

15. If she’s in the same semi-final as Kikki and does another verse in Norwegian like this live, I’ll be the first to call Kikki Danielsson to congratulate her on not coming last place.

[​IMG]

16. So the UK, who doesn't give a shit about Eurovision, gets Måns as host. Meanwhile, we get David Lindgren.

[​IMG]

A&E, constantino, Island and 2 others like this.
  17. A&E and KamikazeHeart like this.
  18. I screamed.