Miranda Lambert - The Weight of These Wings | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miranda Lambert - The Weight of These Wings

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Guys, the Miranda UK concerts are literally like days away now. I'm so excited.

2. She was INCREDIBLE. I love her even more now.

3. Can't believe it's only three days away for me!

Deborux likes this.
  4. What was the setlist?

5. Went in tonight as a non-fan just going as I'd dragged my friend to JoJo and Fifth Harmony, came out a fan.

Seems like a curfew kicked in as the encore was missed entirely. No explanation was given either. Miranda looked a little pissed off when she left the venue tonight.

Jersey likes this.
  6. We Should Be Friends over Runnin' Just in Case, Keeper of the Flame, Bad Boy, Pushin' Time, Smoking Jacket, Getaway Driver... damn.

Happy to see that Ugly Lights is getting shown some love, at least.

7. Jersey likes this.
  8. I am so excited to see her again. Loved seeing her last time, and with this record, I am even more excited. Haven;t seen anything as I don't wanna wreck it.

9. People are thinking she cut the Glasgow show short last night, because the Scottish audience jokingly booed the English band member. What a shit reason to cut a show short.

10. Great concert in London, but my thoughts are a bit all over the place. Probably because the concert was.

East Anderson joined her for a show-stopping Getaway Driver (but no Pushin' Time n-n-n). I hope they consider doing an album together at some point.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  11. Anderson East*

12. Well my wig has been ripped clean off.

She's just such an effortless performer. She's so charming on stage. The setlist was great, if a bit strangely sequenced, the only thing that felt missing to me was 'Runnin' Just in Case'.

My only criticism.... and I don't know if it was just me... but I felt the sound was quite poorly mixed in London. The vocals felt too quiet compared to the instrumentation, which was a shame but did not be ruin the thrill of being right in front of the stage.

Jersey and KamikazeHeart like this.
  13. This album still WORKS MY PUSSY OUT.

It has to win the Grammy next year.

14. Yep, this pretty much sums it up for me too.

The setlist could definitely have been a bit... smoother, I think. It lacked a bit of a red thread, I think she could have pushed more of the BAWPS towards the end when everybody was dancing.

I also agree with the sound. Her voice didn't quite shine through as clearly as I would have liked to, it felt like arena mixing which didn't quite work in a theatre setting.

But hell, she killed it.

@Smooth Criminal did you have the pink sunglasses thrown at you xx

15. Landed two rows in front of me. So close!

KamikazeHeart likes this.
  16. I've taken a foolishly long time to listen to this album. It is absolutely gorgeous. So glad it's been a commercial and critical success for her.

I saw her in concert during the Revolution tour and Dead Flowers was one of my favorite songs. However, that was before I got sober so I was a little disinterested in her since. However, this is such a strong album with so much life and spirit. So much more than just a country album. She writes songs that I really can see as timeless.

17. I can't believe I've ignored her for so long. Runnin' Just In Case might be one of the bets songs I've ever heard. The whole album is gorgeous.

speedyboi, xOJakeXo, Jersey and 2 others like this.
  18. I still think Tomboy is the underrated gem of this album.

Jersey likes this.