Miranda Lambert - The Weight of These Wings | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miranda Lambert - The Weight of These Wings

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Oct 1, 2016.

1. How are we almost a year into the campaign and Keeper of the Flame isn't the next single?

2. She’s performing To Learn Her at the CMAs

...why does she keep choosing the worst songs from the album to promote ddddd

3. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

I actually love To Learn Her and the throwback to traditional country in the production.

Sad she didn’t win album of the year though.

strangekin likes this.
  4. To Learn Her isn't unpleasant but nowhere near the best the album has, and if she was hellbent on doing another ballad Pushin' Time would have been ideal.

She was robbed of Album of the Year. At least she'll get the Grammy.

MollieSwift21 likes this.
  5. Use My Heart would also be a great one to perform.

MollieSwift21 and strangekin like this.
  6. Runnin’ Just in Case or Smokin’ Jacket would have been much better choices.

Why the fuck isn’t Keeper of the Flame a single yet?

speedyboi likes this.
  7. I’m hungry for some kind of Pink Sunglasses release. Serving me 2016 Platinum.

TRAVVV likes this.
  8. AXW

AXW

Getaway Driver though...

9. Meanwhile, I’m stanning Ugly Lights.

relby and Jersey like this.
  10. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

I can't tell if it's because of how much we love her on here and maybe that's skewing my perception, but I feel like she's transcending into country legend status with this album and it's so amazing to witness.

Last night's performance was great - not out-of-this-world extraordinary, but great - and the fact that she was still met with a standing ovation was so incredible. I know radio has been shunning her, but I feel like it doesn't even matter anymore with the direction her career is headed in.

11. She’s sort of like the Bey of country. Albums that have gotten more sophisticated and quality over time. Peers have an incredible amount of appreciation for her in the genre. Less commercially viable singles over time, but that’s been supplemented by more critical acclaim and overall album success.

Carrie and her are the 2000s female country icons, but I think Miranda will be respected a little more as a musician, and Carrie more a superstar.

12. Speaking of Carrie, I'd love to see her do something less glossy... even a Maren Morris-esque affair would suit her well.

13. Not to drag Blake, but I think their split really drew a line in the sand, and it's obvious now who has better-quality music. (I mean has anyone listened to that phoned-in new album of his?) That helps with that legacy status.

Staticboombox, TRAVVV and Pecans like this.
  14. The Weight of These Wings is practically unmatched. While a very long album, it all makes sense and no track feels less essential than the others.

I revisited the album yesterday and was reminded of how lovely Well-Rested it is. It's such a refreshing take on a break-up, from a positive standpoint of someone who's heartbroken.

15. Great analogy. Revolution was definitely her 4.
    (Even though Miranda tragically named her fourth record Four The Record)

16. To Learn Her is amazing (and there are no bad songs on this album): Ashley Monroe's involvement is so apparent in it too, I love it.

MollieSwift21, TRAVVV and Jersey like this.
  17. I remember the New Yorker review drawing the Bey/Miranda comparison as well (I swear at some point the review was posted under the headline "Pink Lemonade").

18. Fantastic illustration of our country queen in that review as well.

relby likes this.
  19. Just started listening to this album a few days ago, but so far it's amazing. I can't really wrap my head around it. The melodies and her lyrics are so heartfelt and emotional. The production really gives the album so much richness. Wow, this is amazing.

speedyboi and strangekin like this.
  20. I'm still discovering new things I love from this album.

Runnin' Just in Case
    Ugly Lights
    Vice
    Getaway Driver
    Tin Man
    Well-Rested

... are absolutely life-changing, and easily some of my favourite songs of the past few years. She better storm the Grammys like she deserves.