MNEK - Paradise (Out 12/07) | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MNEK - Paradise (Out 12/07)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Sounds like issa bop?

Mr.Arroz, lushLuck and slaybellz like this.
  2. He's so consistent, he's one of the best singers and producers out there at the moment so I'm sure this will be good. Wrote A Song About You was massively underrated.

Saycsar Fleurima and slaybellz like this.
  3. Can't wait!

4. Out Wednesday? Why are songs suddenly dropping midweek out of nowhere?

lushLuck likes this.
  5. Please let it be a bop!

6. Can't wait for this (hopefully) bop!

lushLuck likes this.
  7. Hopefully this one leads to an album.

lushLuck likes this.
  8. Just heard 'Paradise'-- slick vocals, cool summery production- it's a slow-banger but it's great.

9. It samples 90's classic Ultra Nate's Free. BOP! Now give us that goddamn album Uzo.

slaybellz likes this.
  10. I was hoping for a much more explosive chorus. The verses are amazinggggg, but then the main hook is unexpectedly low key? I like it, though, and I'm sure I'll end up loving it after a few more plays.

It's definitely the most interesting track he's ever put out.

11. He's definitely released better than this but I like it. It's very nighttime driving music.

12. Just makes me want to listen to Ultra Nate...

Uno likes this.
  13. It's cute. Not a fan of the trappy elements.

14. He's stale now. I think he missed his moment.

15. Issa bop, but I'm kind of bored from his vocal phrasing. I think his productions work better on other singers, I wonder if he'll ever get an album out? It seems like his momentum has stalled quite a bit.

16. Meh...I dozed off about halfway through. Not a patch on his better material.

17. Uno

Uno

I hate that overused trilling effect that's popular nowadays. It's overused and more than often doesn't work. I appreciate the sample, but makes me want to stop the song and listen to Free.

18. It's cute but it's a bit discount Bryson Tiller.

19. I always try and give MNEK a chance because I like some of his production but I can't get on with his voice at all, so it's another no from me.

20. This is certainly interesting, but it's probably my least favorite of his so far.

slaybellz likes this.