MNEK - Paradise (Out 12/07) | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MNEK - Paradise (Out 12/07)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Aug 13, 2015.

1. I adore his voice and identify with the whole 'the world's shit let's fuck' angle but it's very mixtape-y (and not the Number 1 Angel variety).

lushLuck and sesita like this.
  2. I like him a lot, but I just don't think he's going to 'happen' unfortunately. He's definitely at his strongest working for other people.

3. This is so classy, and his vocals are always great. It could use an extra punch, it does feel like a great album track, but I'll take it. Here for Ultra Emeniké.

4. Another bop.

Mikal, Ferk, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  5. This is nice.

6. I'm still pissed Wrote A Song About You wasn't huge. It should've been his breakthrough hit. It was so on trend back then and it's an incredible song. I blame the shitty music video they paired it with.

sesita, cleggar, Ferk and 4 others like this.
  7. I still want them to properly release "If Truth Be Told", but that's probably been locked away forever now.

8. Now that's a bop

9. Still his best song.

10. I love Riton, great new track!

I've never really felt that much excitement for MNEK himself as an artist. He is so talented and makes amazing songs, but I've never found he and his voice enough of a total package to tie everything together.

11. I really like his voice and his songs, too. He does deserve to be huge, but then I remember Kelis and Robyn both sometimes have similar issues connecting with the GP despite their obvious talent.

acl, sesita and Ferk like this.
  12. I quite like this.

13. I still think it would've made an amazing "comeback single" for Mariah or Janet.

Ferk, TRAVVV, Vitamin and 3 others like this.
  14. It would've made an amazing comeback for anyone. It's so good.

sesita, lushLuck, Ferk and 2 others like this.
  15. God 'Wrote A Song About You' is bliss. And the extended mix is even better. It hasn't left my playlists since it was released.

The new one is good. I wouldn't mind another EP from him.

sesita and lushLuck like this.

16. They had Labrinth perform his song with Stormzy on X Factor instead of him. He definitely could have used that promo.

I feel like this album of his is never going to see the light of day.

acl, evilsin, Vitamin and 2 others like this.
  17. They did MNEK so wrong, and all because Labrinth is in Syco I guess?

acl and bestinase like this.
  18. Definitely Mariah. The lyrics and the vocals are so Mariah. It's almost like We Belong Together part 2.

Andy French likes this.
  19. Yes, Labrinth has been with Syco for years. I bet they put the pressure on Stormzy's team to use Labrinth instead. The music industry is fucking grubby.

mcuk, acl and sesita like this.
  20. Glad he's dragging them. Go off Uzo.
    Also he's looking amazing lately.
    But then he always did.

mcuk, acl and sesita like this.