Most Awkward/Worst TOTP Performances | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Awkward/Worst TOTP Performances

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Blabby, Jan 13, 2018 at 10:13 AM.

1. Inspired by the Best TOTP Performances thread

I'll start with this. A UK Garage classic but this TOTP performance adding a random singer doing shaky nervous vocal runs and adlibs over the track and doesn't have a clue what else she's meant to be doing on stage, lordt

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 10:30 AM

2. This excellence from Ms Braxton. I taped this episode and kept it for years to re-watch. It really gets magical once her coat comes off and the dance break kicks in.

She looks impeccable and the song is still everything.

3. As much as I adore Cappella this has to be posted.

4. Oh my!! Dreadful performance of fab dancetrack

andru likes this.
  5. The Cappella performance stuck in my mind as the worst I ever saw on TOTP.

vivalaradio and andru like this.
  6. MY EARS

andru and phoenix123 like this.
  7. That Cappella performance is iconic. Somehow, not one note of that vocal is in tune. Even the rapper is barely keeping up with the music.

AcerBenII and andru like this.
  8. That Capella performance is the WORST. It sounds like Friday night at the karaoke.

9. I don't remember this song being so bad. It sounds like one of those cheap educational songs you'd hear when something bad happens in a children's programme.

10. This wasn't bad at all.

TheBakersSon, Captivated and Island like this.
  11. Francesca Sandford's best vocal performance to date.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 4:17 PM
  12. What is awkward / worst here?

13. The only worse thing I've heard in karaoke is a middle-aged guy literally shouting his way through American Pie (made all the more excruciating by the plinky-plonky synths in the background - yes, it was the Madonna version). And even that, somehow, was closer to the actual tune than the Cappella performance.

14. Love Kirsty, but they don't sound good together in the chorus.

15. That Toni performance was fab, but I just remembered how they'd do those performances on TOTP where there'd be no audience... in hindsight is that because they were pretaped in some random studio in America if the artist couldn't appear or something?

Vasilios likes this.
  16. Even funnier than the performance itself is Jo Whiley almost, but not quite, managing to conceal her utter disgust long enough to introduce them.

Leo1977, lob0to and Subspace88 like this.
  17. Yes, see also

Musiquelover64 and Captivated like this.
  18. Yes. This one might be Germany, if I remember rightly. I just wish they had the facility for her to sing live, rather than her doing some half-arsed dancing and atrocious miming where she doesn't even keep the mic at her face when the peak vocal is happening. Or I wish she was better at miming.