Movie comments, outbursts, quips and general chatter | Page 216 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie comments, outbursts, quips and general chatter

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Alphableat, Dec 17, 2010.

1. It starts off as this science fiction movie as if you've seen a dozen already, but then just descends into this non-stop action movie and I literally enjoyed every minute of it, no matter how confused Ewan and Scarlet's facial expressions are all movie long...

2. Someone shared this trailer with me today. Shot completely on iPhones. It looks great. Anyone seen it?

Beautiful Child 2 and lushLuck like this.
  3. I recall it feeling like the perfect summer popcorn flick. Non-stop entertainment.

Tangerine is a WONDERFUL film! See it ASAP! With that and The Florida Project, Sean Baker is one of the most exciting new filmmakers working today.

saint and stuaw like this.
  4. Thanks! I'll let you know what I think when I watch it. Can't wait.

5. Finally seen the new Murder On The Orient Express, wow, how can a film that should have been so much fun, be so devoid of it. It might be pretty, but boy is it dull.

lushLuck likes this.
  6. It's soooooo boring. Beautiful, but completely uninteresting.

Pop Gaz likes this.
  7. So boring, which is criminal with that cast.

Summed up by the ending;
    Poirot met at the station....you're needed in Egypt...there's been a death.... on the Nile ....dun dun dun, end credits....but no, we get more lingering shots of the CGI train pulling into the CGI scenery.... no excitement, no thrills.

8. I just watched The Danish Girl and I could not make it to the end. What kind of straightwashing mess led to Alicia Vikander receiving an Oscar for going back and forth between applying teardrops and pretty white girl smiling?

Beautiful Child 2 and blod like this.
  9. The Danish Girl is another dull mess. I really did not enjoy it.

Lucy Honeychurch and blod like this.
  10. I liked it but one of the main girls was a terrible actress in my opinion.

11. Man, The Social Network really is something special. It’s impeccably well made. The script is fire, the music is riveting, the performances are outstanding, it looks beautiful. Just an exquisite example of 21st Century filmmaking.

(And yes I’m watching it because I’m on an Armie Hammer hype)

Sinful, Conan and lushLuck like this.
  12. I loved The Island too. It's a rare thing, a thought-provoking action movie with a plot.

Sam de Jour, Sinful, Remorque and 3 others like this.
  13. The Social Network is the best film of 2010 and easily among my Top 10 films of this decade. It's an impeccable piece of filmmaking.

scottdisick94 likes this.
  14. This movie RULES. The director's follow up, The Florida Project was my favorite movie of last year.

lushLuck likes this.
  15. I had a movie night in last night and watched the 2015 Fantastic Four reboot and the classic A Few Good Men.

The reboot was a whole lot of build up for what was easily one of the weakest finale parts of the Marvel Universe, n'est-ce pas? I didn't outright hate it, but I was left feeling very underwhelmed by, well... everything. Not even Kate Mara was even remotely enjoyable to watch.

The latter is one of my favourite films of all time. I'm making my boyfriend watch a couple of classics, because his pop culture knowledge is nill... It's like everyone stepped up their acting game. Even Demi (who has a couple of questionable performances under her belt) was fantastic. Cracking cast.

16. I wish The Beguiled was bit more hardcore.

lushLuck likes this.
  17. Superman Returns is one of the best Superhero movies made and the plane crash sequence is one of the finest ‘Superhero saves the day’ scenes OF ALL TIME.

18. "The Danish Girl" suffers from a lack of actual Danes in the cast.

I watched "Walk like a panther" - much funnier that I thought it was going to be. Genuinely funny.

19. Fantastic Four (2015) isn't in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

20. Wasn't it made specifically so that the movie rights to the characters wouldn't revert back to Marvel? Kii.

HollyDunnSomething likes this.