Musicians Of Popjustice | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Musicians Of Popjustice

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hunterpoop, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Haha thank you! I was quite pleased with how it worked in there. I really need to learn to live DJ before next year.

2. OH WOW. This just..wow.

I live!

Jolene slew the fuck out of me.

3. Hi!

I thought this thread could be a spiffy little way of discovering Amateur musicians who wanted to 'make it' either in the music industry or as an internet presence on sites such as youtube and soundcloud. If you're a singer, guitar player, Pianist (etc) I would (as well as the other members of popjustice!) love to hear what you can do.

Tell us a little bit about yourself and a link to examples of your work and then other members of the board can check it out as they please.

Here's a link to my cover of The Wanted's number one hit, 'Glad You Came'. I hope you enjoy.

http://soundcloud.com/alexanderandyou/alexander-glad-you-came

I look forward to hearing your work!

4. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

You can find a lot of these in the 'Spam and Street Team Cuntery' area, I'm afraid. And a few in YouTube links if they're not here just to do that.

5. Oh, I'm sorry! If it's more applicable feel free to move it over to somewhere you think is more fitting. I thought it could be a little more than just spamming a few links. I envisioned this thread as a little biography for people to show why they are interested in music, Their background and inspirations and why they do what they do, rather than just 'I do this and here is a link'.

6. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

No, it's fine here, but we do get some people who just sign up and post a link saying "I just discovered this amazing singer..." and it turns out it's just them posting their own stuff. It's all good if it's existing members who actually contribute more to the forum - as you seem to be doing!

7. I'd rather give people a platform to explain their passion as well as showing what they can achieve, rather than just one or the other.

I'll go first.

My name's Alex and I live in Staffordshire, which is situated in the middle of England and nobody really seems to know where it is. I've had a passion for music for a long time, ever since I can really remember and I've always known it's the sole thing that I'd like to do as a career. It sounds corny to say, but I genuinely would do it for free, as long as I got to see people smiling and enjoying a good show. I'm pretty straight forward, I like good pop music and the odd song from every genre. I'm also a producer and a songwriter, as I believe it's just another way to express myself. Britney Spears is my icon and I know a lot of people will disagree with me or judge me for it seeing as she barely has any discernible musical talent of her own, but, I've never seen anybody with as much stage presence, at least in my generation, to ever grace the stage as much as Britney and I find that quite remarkable. I'd love to be a singer and a performer and hopefully one day I'll make it happen through hard-work and determination.

Your turn!

8. I love recording covers in my spare time... thank god for Auto-Tune though!

I'll send you a link in PM, I don't wanna post it here!

9. I wish someone on the forum would do a cover of Memory Of You.

10. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

11. We should do a Popjustice karaoke with members uploading their covers of fave songs.

We could even have theme nights.

Karma likes this.
  12. I write lyrics, for whoever will have them, really. I've never wanted to be a pop star or anything, but I have always loved to write. Stories, poems, whatever. I'm currently working with people in North America and across Europe, and it's a lot of fun. It's such a great feeling to hear your words being sung by someone, and people have been really supportive too.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/liamcurry

13. Karma likes this.
  14. What effect are you using? What program? I enjoyed TTWE the whoa-ah-ah-ah-oh could use some more energy. I love what's my name!

Karma likes this.
  15. I wish I could sing/play an instrument well.

That was a strange day, I thought everyone knew!

16. That made me want to close the internet. Forever.

17. It made me want to close my brain forever, nevermind the internet.

18. Wait, I don't get it? Someone, on here, tried to cover 'Memory of You' and it was bad?

19. Yes a former moderator covered it, it wasn't bad, it was interesting....