Musicians Of Popjustice | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Musicians Of Popjustice

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hunterpoop, Mar 13, 2008.

1. LOVE IT! Really well done

londonrain and spillett like this.
  2. Thank you

3. Does anyone in here produce dance music? Someone I'm kind-of managing/helping out is recording an EP and has largely managed to find producers himself but a dance producer seems to be harder to find.

4. Try looking on a site called Looperman.

They have a forum and you can search for collaborators.

londonrain and Voodoo like this.
  5. @weatherconor

6. I have my first ever public performance in a week, arranged by my singing teacher for all her students and those of her co-worker (who teaches guitar).

I can sing the song no problem, but struggle with the chords, or play it no problem and struggle with the vocals!

The last 20 minutes of yesterday's lesson became a therapy session to expose the roots of my confidence issues, which was sweet, but ultimately ended up with a "fuck everyone and do it for you."

londonrain likes this.
  7. If it's any consolation, I expect this is a more common problem than you think!

I see no lies. Good luck!

Hudweiser likes this.
  8. My debut in front of anyone other than drunken karaoke patrons went so-so - teebs, it's a bit of a blur so I'm guessing that means no major mistakes.

I sang this

...pushed up two keys. Fluffed a line but the lyrics are so damn obscure I think I got away with it.

And then this

..up one key, and 'kissing Valentino' became 'kissing Chris Pratt', which everyone seemed to like.

londonrain likes this.

9. Just dropped my cover of Hurts’ Beautiful Ones

10. I have my second performance via my singing teacher's 'school' later this month; she's given me a HUGE ballad in a higher-than-the-recording key, which I can just about do, but I don't get to hide behind my guitar (and there's no mic) so am really nervous.

londonrain likes this.
  11. Last edited: May 21, 2018 at 8:56 AM
    MM likes this.
  12. How’s your prep going? I’m sure it will be great - your teacher is clearly trying to challenge you but wouldn’t give you the song if she didn’t have faith that you would nail it!

13. Does anyone here have a music blog or something similar, where they might be kind enough to mention this release? Maybe do a little written interview with me for it?

14. Big ballad is fine, just need the pianist to practice more.

Other song is so-so, but it's only about two minutes long so any terror will be short-lived.