NAMIE AMURO Discography Rate 「Part One」【TOP 25】 | Page 26 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAMIE AMURO Discography Rate 「Part One」【TOP 25】

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by BEST FICTION, Jan 22, 2018.

1. It's Namie herself, but y'all murdered her at #40!
    RUNAWAY, EachSmallStep, vague and 6 others like this.
  2. [​IMG]
    I think all day and I always pray
    It's hard to say but it's the only way

Concentration 20 (make you alright): 7.27
    Highest Score: 10 (@EachSmallStep), 9 (@mi|kshake, @Jawshxx, @Remorque)
    Lowest Score: 3 (@yuuurei), 4 (@evilsin)

"Concentration 20 (make you alright)" was originally released as the title track to the album of the same name in 1997. The song is industrial rock inspired and very hard hitting despite it's quite sweet lyrics about wanting to be with someone forever. It's the 2nd title track to leave, leaving "SWEET 19 BLUES" & "LOVE 2000" (I count it as a title track, sue me) remaining.
    Vikeyeol only likes one part, "The "I'LllLlLllLll MAAAaaaaAaaaAAaaaaAAAaaaAAAAaaaAAAKE YOUUUU FEEEEEEEL ALLLLLLLRIGHT" bits are great, the rest is a bit forgettable." RUNAWAY loves the entire album, "great intro to one of my favorite albums of hers. Love the total rock feel of this entire album." But evilsin doesn't agree, "Oh wow, this... this is a song. No wonder I tend to listen to just the single tracks from her earlier albums. It sounds like something B'z would do... and I don't really like them."

Otenkiame feels like they missed an opportunity, "This garage rock song is quite left field for her, yet she really makes it work. Love the way there's a choir that backs her up in the chorus, though I wish it had a sick guitar solo of some sorts." Send photo has just drawn a pentagram on the floor and put his Concentration 20 CD in the centre, "Yas, I can hear the grasp The Dark Lord has on her soul for 4 minutes and 6 seconds. Praise Lucifer!" And EachSmallStep says this is their favourite intro, "My fav and the most energetic album opener this part of the rate. Gets me to pump my fist and chant along. A rock anthem done proper."

Idk what this is:
  3. Actually my least fav from C20 dd
    junglefish and BEST FICTION like this.
  4. This thread is getting really spiritual today.

I don't remember that song but clearly I didn't care for it so that's fine with me.
    RUNAWAY, vague, otenkiame and 5 others like this.
  5. Well I'm really glad to see Me love peace sneak in top 40, even though there is a lot of haters here....I don't hear you, 'cause me wanna peace, me wanna wanna dance w/z natty dread!!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018 at 9:39 PM
  6. The never-ending battle of good and evil *cue my nickname*
  7. [​IMG]
    My heart, you understand, my love, I feel it
    My friend, you're irreplaceable, mi Corazon bate' por ti'

MI CORAZON (TE' AMOUR): 7.32
    Highest Score: 9.5 (@FINISH LINE), 9 (@RUNAWAY)
    Lowest Score: 5 (@Osiris, @Jawshxx), 6 (@evilsin, @BEST FICTION)

Namie dabbling in other country's music is just not sitting well for some of y'all it seems. "MI CORAZON (TE' AMOUR)" was released in 2000 on Namie's album GENIUS 2000. It's her first time experimenting with more of a Spanish flavour while still retaining a lot of the late 90s synths of GENIUS 2000. Basically she jumped on the Latin music trend of the early 2000s and sorta slayed.

EachSmallStep thinks the vocals are very dry, almost kinda like your vajoina, "Fun Latin undertone with charisma in the verses. Some of the driest vocals on the album in the refrain, unfortunately." RUNAWAY is bopping, "okay this one actually delivers. This song is a BOP." send photo actually has a chance with one of these men, "Ride that Latin Wave! More specifically Ricky Martin or Enrique Iglesias. mmm yes." Vague praises Namie's Duolingo skills, "multilingual queen. love the latin vibe to this one."

Otenkiame is a bit underwhelmed, "The only Latin track she's ever done. I like that it gives her a different sound to work with, and it is a rather nice track to listen to - the ending break is probably the best part. However, there's just something about it that leaves me wanting a little more." Jawshxx is... disgusted, "Sounds like a TK track. Not a good one." Cutlery is intrigued by Namie's language barrier breaking bop, "The idea behind the composition of this song is an… interesting choice. I scream at “Mi corazón late por ti” sung in perfect Spanish by the background vocalists, and then that mashup of Japanese-English-Spanish by Amuro comes in… polyglots everywhere found dead on a ditch."
    And evilsin can't see himself revisiting this, "A perky take on latin pop. I don't mind this, but at the same time I don't have much desire to play this again."

She needs no introduction:
  8. @BEST FICTION killing the game with iconic and thematic write ups, timely and fast paced reveals and audience engagement PHEW

9. Yeah, I need to thank all of you who are actively participating in this thread! It genuinely makes revealing these results so much more satisfying cause people are actually checking. I feel like I want to do it so I don't let you guys down!

*Looks at my Drag Race Fashion Photo Ruview rate*
    EachSmallStep, yuuurei, vague and 8 others like this.
  10. Speaking of which, lemme send some commentary to you this shevening.

RUNAWAY, EachSmallStep, vague and 6 others like this.
  11. Agreed! An iconic hosting debut
    EachSmallStep, yuuurei, vague and 6 others like this.
  12. Honestly, Concentration 20 is gold <.< I regret not participating, but will make up for it in part 2!
  13. Stop, I've already died after my 11 elimination, don't rub in more salt reminding me how Kumi's rate went.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018 at 6:00 PM
    soratami, vague, otenkiame and 4 others like this.
  14. I feel like I livened it up for a page or two there.
  15. Oh you sure did, hun, you sure did.
    vague, BEST FICTION and send photo like this.
  16. But the Kuu rate was iconic tho?!
  17. Thank you! It kinda was, but I feel like people weren't as talkative as here, so I'm just jelly.
  18. Um... Stop praising @evilsin and continue praising me!

19. You in my Ayu rate next month.
    vague, otenkiame, RUNAWAY and 2 others like this.