Natalia Kills Discography Rate | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Natalia Kills Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RMK, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Ugh, gutted to lose Boys Don't Cry! That "Trouble" dragging was savage though. Perfectionist is the better album, but Trouble is soooooooo good!!

I need both Saturday Night and Trouble to make top 5. I think. Why is Nat's discography so strong?

DJHazey likes this.
  2. A Break You Hard, Saturday Night, Free Top 3 would be amazing and highly unlikely because of Break You Hard.

Pecans likes this.
  3. I think my score Break You Hard increased for this rate so hopefully it does slightly better this time round compared to the Dance Divas rate.

Pecans and DJHazey like this.
  4. Imagine thinking her second album isn’t a masterpiece though...

Rooneyboy and Pecans like this.
  5. [​IMG]

I think Perfectionist is pretty good, but there is a sharp decline in quality after that. Maybe I just need to give it about ten more spins, but after listening to it three times in a row, I figure I've given it a fair enough chance considering there is so much great music out there to be discovered.

[​IMG]
    Average: 7.600
    Highest: 10x2
    (@Hurricane Drunk, @Weslicious)
    Lowest: 4x1 (@soratami)

'Nothing Lasts Forever' is the first song to go in this three-way tie. Does it deserve to go just yet? Not by a long shot. This is one of the best songs off of Perfectionist. I particularly love the chorus and middle 8. The little "cash cars girls boys" bits thrown into the chorus are heavenly. Don't let that Billy Kraven fool ya, because that's a man, Maury actually just another name for producer Jeff Bhasker, who also produced the god awful 'Heaven' and the slightly more legendary 'Run This Town', 'All Of The Lights', 'Uptown Funk' and 'We Are Young'. He adds nothing to the track, but I don't mind when it's that strong to begin with. Weslicious (10) thinks it's a 'Tron-esque bop' and who am I to disagree? I haven't even seen Tron. ​

[​IMG]
    Highest: 10x3
    (@GhettoPrincess, @Hurricane Drunk, @Pecans)
    Lowest: 3.5x1 (@ufint)

I'm sure soratami is happy to not be the lowest scorer for once, even though he gave it a 4. C'mon synthastic intro! I really have tried to like this, because I saw a lot of high scores and tried to find out what all the fuzz was about. But, as I listen to this I find myself being bored and waiting for the next song. I don't think it's necessarily a bad song, because it's not downright offensive, but I can't find a lot of redeeming qualities either. Let's move over to you guys, who were definitively more positive than I was. Rooneyboy (8) is "loving the 90's dance vibe that's going on". Cash me on the dance floor, how bout dat? GhettoPrincess (10) puts trash and Heidi Montag in the same sentence, but Heidi pulls off trash better, seaux: "Heidi Montag also has a trashy bop with the same name. I love this, Natalia pulls this off well. “My love is something…. MONEY can’t buy” is my favourite part." Pecans (10) lives for the non-existent drama: "Superficial is so dramatic, but brutally honest. I get a sense of desperation from this song – I think it’s her vocal delivery that does it for me, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. I just know I love it, and the thumping production is so, so perfect."

Sanctuary, Weslicious, Pecans and 3 others like this.
    [​IMG]
    Highest: 10x3
    (@DJHazey, @RMK, @Pecans)
    Lowest: 4x1 (@soratami)

Last up in the three-way tie is a song that I find myself liking more and more for each listen. Last year in LPMA's rate I gave this a 6 and said it was 'basic but serviceable' much like myself, but coming back to it this year I realize that it's just such a breath of fresh air. I think that if I give it a few more spins it's going to end up as one of my favorites from the album. Weslicious (8) agrees with me: "This has grown on me the most since release." Pecans (10) gets the last word tonight, and it's b-b-beautiful: "Perfectionist couldn’t have a better closing track. Natalia was often critised for having a shtick around her, but to me If I Was God is her admitting that actually, maybe Perfectionist is all just one illusion for her fans, and that she isn’t really this up-front, perhaps scary figure that this album sometimes presents her as. I love it."

Sanctuary, Weslicious, Pecans and 2 others like this.
  9. If I Was God is Top 10 Natalia and I'm not sure I'll ever understand why everyone doesn't agree.

Might as well:

(from the Dance Divas rate)

"It would be hard for me to choose between this and Free as the #2 song on this album, but I tend to think that title goes here. I'm also more confident in this song going further in the rate because the message is so strong. It's all kind of devastating, with Natalia fighting self-consciousness over a script that doesn't instantly seem to fit that bill. When the cards are all on the table and the relationship is hanging on its last thread, how real is it to tell that someone that you're not the "fantasy" they thought you were. You're just a human with as many flaws as anybody else. Then to take things to another level by imagining yourself as God with the ability to edit yourself and change the world around you so that you'd be 'more loveable'. Wow. I always talk about Natalia being an underrated lyricist and this is exactly what I mean. You can tell she went through every moment exactly the way it's being told and you feel like a friend who now owes her the shoulder to cry on by giving everything you have into the listening experience."

Pecans and ufint like this.
  10. That's two of my faves gone. If I Was God is especially hard to lose... just no!

Weslicious and DJHazey like this.
  11. Rooneyboy likes this.
  12. I think this rate has potential to beat Alicia Keys rate and be the official cursed rate.

13. Remember when @Island was going to host this? Look what he did.

Alouder98, Island and berserkboi like this.
  14. @Island's Neighbours Rate is equally cursed!

I wonder if me commenting on all three will curse my Girl Band one...

15. Does @RainOnFire know about that one?

berserkboi likes this.
  16. No, there are still updates happening sporadically, I was being facetious...

ohnostalgia likes this.
  17. @Island has updated in the last week.

Natalia killed all her hosts over two weeks ago.

londonrain, soratami, Island and 2 others like this.
  18. @Island once took a year to finish a rate, seemed believable.

19. @beyoncésweave has normalized rate lengths approximating that of a human pregnancy.

londonrain, soratami and berserkboi like this.
  20. At least my All Saints rate was actually like.. somewhat at a good time length!

berserkboi, ohnostalgia and Mina like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.