Natalie Imbruglia | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Natalie Imbruglia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by BlaBlaGuy, Jul 2, 2011.

1. She's working on a new album!!!!!

[​IMG]

Natalie Imbruglia has opened up about Silverchair’s shock split, speaking for the first time about the breakdown of the band fronted by her ex-husband Daniel Johns.

Imbruglia, the new face of Kailis jewellery, revealed she felt “incredibly sad” when she heard the news in May. “They make phenomenal music together,” Imbruglia, who was married to Johns from 2003 to 2008, told WHO. “Sometimes as an artist you have to feel like it is the end. Do other things and work with other people so you are able to come back to it at some point. Let’s hope and pray it’s not forever.”

In terms of her own commitments, the former judge on talent contest The X Factor says she’s happy to be a viewer when the series returns to screens in August. Imbruglia, 36, insists she was only contracted to do one season and “had a really, really good time,” in the process. Next up for the self-confessed gypsy is another album — having closed up her home in London’s Notting Hill she is seeking songwriting inspiration from her new home in Los Angeles.

And as for her summer romance with Sydney hotelier Justin Hemmes? Imbruglia won’t kiss and tell, but declares herself currently single. “I’ve had .. what do you call them? Liasons? Moments? I’ve had some beautiful moments, but I have yet to meet that special someone that will make me move into that next phase. I am open and hopeful. I still want to fall in love.”

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/who/article/-/9767638/natalie-imbruglia-on-silverchair-s-shock-split/

2. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

I think you mean NEW ALBUM 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

Only to be scrapped at the last minute.

4. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

Lol I don't care! She didn't leave the music - that's all that matters to me :)

5. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

Natalie Imbruglia releasing a new album... the world ending...

Coincidence?

6. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

Can't wait for this. Hopefully, it's better than the already great, Come To Life!

7. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

She's a great artist, I just hope the album is freaking amazing. Her music forever!

8. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

Was the 'quit music' story, just a rumour?

9. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

definitely

10. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

If she comes back with anything as powerful as "All the Roses", I will bow down before her.

11. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

Great news, I hope the album comes quickly.
    I like all of her albums, the last one had some really boring songs, but overall it was good.

12. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

I only liked 'Want' on the last album but i was obsessed with that song so that must count for something.

13. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

I really adored Want. I was planning to listen to the album on Spotify, We7 or an equivalent but before I could find time it was wiped off the face of the earth. What was that about? Are we pretending it never happened?

14. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

I guess rights? the album was on iTunes and HMV/Amazon but was taken off.
    You can still get it on eBay.

15. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

Oh my god! I thought she was gone for good.

She is one of my favourite artists and this is the best news ever that she's returning!!! YAY!

16. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

It's amazing how so many people like her and her music yet she doesn't sell anything.

Where are all those millions who bought Left of the Middle? how come they're not into the new stuff?

17. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

Because it's not Torn.

Island likes this.
  18. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

True dat.

19. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

The sad truth. I was pretty young when Torn was the monster hit it was, but then after she released White Lilies Island, I finally appreciated the full scope of her as an artist. It's sad she's not as big as she is, because I truly think she has one of the strongest catalogues in the pop singer-songwriter genre. Even her b-sides are brilliant. I've made two compilations myself and they flow and sound just like proper albums.

Come to Life is my least favorite from her, but it still has gorgeous moments. I really hope we get this new record sooner than later.

20. Re: Natalie Imbruglia - NEW ALBUM 2012!!!!!

"Lukas" made me fall in love with her all over again (The first time was with "Wrong impression").