Nelly Furtado - The Ride (Album) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelly Furtado - The Ride (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Nelly confirmed she's finished her album, and it's rumored that John Congleton produced it. Congleton has worked on records for St. Vincent, Modest Mouse, Sigur Ros, Anna Calvi, Franz Ferdinand, and many more.

She's also shared pictures and videos from the studio, and worked with Anjulie and Dev Hynes.

Everything points to this record being very different from her others, especially her more pop/hip-hop flavored records like Loose and The Spirit Indestructible. I would love something lush and sophisticated in the Dev Hynes school of thought. Congleton recently produced the Pure Bathing Culture record, which also has a sound I could hear Nelly trying on.

Regardless, I'm ready to have her back!

Island and michaelhird like this.
  2. I am ready for whatever she brings. Immensely enjoyed Loose and Mi Plan.

michaelhird and xOJakeXo like this.
  3. Hope she serves us another great album, she has yet to disappoint me.

michaelhird likes this.
  4. I do not care about the genre. This woman has such an a-class philanthropic album (Spirit Indestructable) behind her name; I crave for such an album at the moment. No artist at the moment, aside from M.I.A., is giving me that. Give me this era's Rhythm Nation!

5. Dev Hynes and Nelly is something I didn't know I needed in my life until now. Bring it on.

Jersey and Terminus like this.
  6. This will be brilliant. I'm so ready for new Nelly at this point.

michaelhird likes this.
  7. Let's hope the vocal production is on-point.

Andy French likes this.
  8. I need more songs like this

9. I hope it's a departure from her past work. Loose was refreshing for it's time and it's a shame Spirit Indestructible tried to replicate it's sound so many years on but so cheaply.

Dev's name gives me some hope.

10. I don't think 'The Spirit Indestructible' tried to replicated the sound of 'Loose' at all. On the contrary, I think it was quite a departure.

Lander, spillett, BML and 2 others like this.
  11. Please dont see Big Hoops as the blue print for that album. It has no place there sonically and lyrically. And neither does that song on Loose.

12. Well, Big Hoops (Bigger the Better), Parking Lot, High Life and Circles are all song that could have been on Loose and the ballads felt a lot like retreads from the first few albums and All Good Things and In God's Hands.

Just my opinion, ladies! I want something completely different sonically.

13. Her song with Dev is really good. I do hope they've done more together.

14. Thanks for this song, havent heard it before love it! Always interested in Nelly, excited to see where she goes from back there.

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  15. Wasn't she working with Duke Dumont? I guess those recordings won't see the light of day now. I'm glad we're still getting material either way, and good material at that. The song with Dev sounds splendid.

16. Yeah. That could also be for his own upcoming album though.

17. Everything about this sounds so great, Dev's involvement in particular.

18. BML

BML

'Miracles' from the last album is so good. More of that, please.

19. I know she said The Spirit Indestructible was supposed to sound like her debut, but it wasn't nearly as adventurous or interesting. I hope this is a bit more left-field.

20. I need more Turn Off the Light AKA my favorite pop song ever.