Neon Jungle - General Discussion | Page 92 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neon Jungle - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Voicething, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Seeing this thread get bumped scratches my Neon Jungle wounds. They're really great and really aesthetically pleasing here, though:

Hurricane likes this.
  2. Trouble and Braveheart are ICONIC.

3. This band was the definition of annoying to me. But I will always bop my heart out to the 'Lah Lah Lah Lah' bits in Welcome to the Jungle. They should've been given the chance to flop in a second era, surely they had one more forced top 10 up their sleeve.

4. I miss this band so much. I wasn't quite sure about their look, but their album was amazing.

Many people say their album was disappointing or underwhelming, but I disagree: it was an amazing album and I loved each song, not like Fifth Harmony or Little Mix ones (which really disappoints me with so many filler tracks on their albums, sorry).

I wish they were still together. I wonder why they really split, because I don't buy the idea of they wanting to go in different directions.

Hurricane likes this.
  5. They were clearly a one-time thing. I wouldn't see them evolve in a way that they can suit a 2016 climate.

6. They could've easily adapted to suit the house music sound that dominates the UK charts.

Hurricane and eccentricsimply like this.
  7. RCA dropped them because the album didn't sell as much as they wanted it to. It's life.

NorthernStar and munro like this.
  8. I was surprised the album sold as much as it did to be honest.

9. Same, nobody was checking for them outside of their singles. Nothing about Neon Jungle screams "Album seller" or "Touring Act" but there's nothing wrong with that.

eccentricsimply likes this.
  10. K94

K94

Yeah the timing for them was a little off - R&B was blowing up again but the non-electro house trend hadn't really kicked off until the next year but they still went with that sound. Braveheart is still amazing though.

beyoncésweave likes this.
  11. Braveheart is literally the soundtrack to my Freshers nights outs. Me and my friends still jam on the reg. Their dropping was brutal, they weren't super successful but they hardly flopped. A Top 10 debut girlband album should've at least warranted a follow up.

12. BML

BML

I also still use 'Braveheart' quite regularly but they were not worth investing in. They were basically the female version of One Direction as far as performing abilities go.

13. What?

I mean, the album was full of hit singles like "Braveheart", "Welcome to the jungle", "Louder", "Trouble"... plus other great tracks like "Can't stop the love", "So alive", "Fool me"... I don't know how everybody can't love all these amazing songs. I bought the album and fell in love with it.

I haven't seen them performing live, but they were really talented and had a strong fanbase.

The official reason to split wasn't poor sales:
    "Ohana means family and family means no one gets left behind or forgotten." This, from day 1, has been our mantra and always will be.

We started our journey in an unknown, unnamed "girl band" just 2 years ago. Within that time, we went (rather quickly) from four strangers, to four complete best friends. From being unknown, to being recognised all over the world. From being unnamed to "Neon Jungle”
    But Neon Jungle is more than a four piece girl band.
    Neon Jungle are Ohana. Ohana - formed by all the love and support we have received over the past couple of years.

Which is why writing this is extremely difficult.

After many honest and heartfelt discussions, we have all agreed with a tremendously heavy heart, that it is time for us to continue our journeys individually.

This does not mean for a second we have separated! We will always and forever be in each other's lives, and ALWAYS be supportive of one another.

Although this is a heart breaking reality for the four of us, it is also extremely exciting, and we would love for all of you guys to also continue our new journeys with us.

4 for the price of 1 aye!?!?

Ohana is forever

Thank you so much for everything past, present and future.

Yours very truly
    Jess, Asami, Shereen & Amira

14. They would hardly say 'we are dropped and didn't really find a new label' anyway?

15. The album was okay but the general public aren't really massive on girl bands anymore. Plus, Braveheart doesn't exactly sound like an album seller now does it?

16. I think the album was great. I wasn't sure about their look and image in the beginning, but they released 4 amazing singles and a enjoyable debut album! It was so fresh!

As I said before, I have been very disappointed with the albums from major labels' girlbands (Fifth Harmony, Little Mix) with many filler songs but without standouts tracks (they are more interested in being in the spotlight, trending topic, tours than to release a proper overwhelming album).

Neon Jungle was a refreshing girlband, they had so strong and different vocals... I don't know, maybe they could have gone the M.O way without a great label behind them or something like that. I think their management still carries Asami Zdrenka's solo career, not the rest of band members.

Hurricane likes this.
  17. I still remember being floored that they released their album months before Banks did and it had Waiting Game on it.

I want to know how the hell that actually happened because I can't remember. I just know Banks wrote some tweet about how it felt like someone ripped her soul away from her.

18. I'll always be bitter about Neon Jungle. If only because they were a breath of fresh air re: girl bands and their look and image was like catnip to me. They had a lot of room for improvement but without the label investment it was always going to be an uphill struggle and perhaps not really worth it. Comparing them to 1D makes the (pop)injustice that much more irritating - I'd rather have had these four stunning and stylish girls, each with more charisma in their left feet than all of 1D put together, find world domination on basic vocals and dodgy performance skills than 1D. But alas that's the way of the world.

I only hear about Asami's covers these days, anyone know what the other girls are up to?

Hurricane and flowerink like this.
  19. Last edited: May 23, 2016
    MarlonBrando86 likes this.
  20. [​IMG]

This is from a couple of days ago... It seems the girls keep in touch. If only they could do another album... ;(

FrancoisDit likes this.