New forum tweaks and fixes | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New forum tweaks and fixes

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by Popjustice, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

Thanks for your patience with some of the suggestions made in the other thread.

To keep you updated:

I've added the justify text option: the icon should be showing up in the edit bar, but if it's not there for you yet you will probably be seeing a white square in between the + and disc icons. Hopefully it'll show up as expected in due course...

Tweets should now appear, along with Instagram posts and even Spotify songs. Just paste in the URL of the item and it'll automatically embed when you post.

Character limit updated. You can now post messages that are one million characters long.

Conversations: you should now be able to have up to five people in a conversation.

I've also (I think) sorted out the thing that caused some users to end up trying to dial a phone number when clicking on a thread with a high post count.

Any more stuff need sorting out while I'm here?

2. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Island, send photo and Popjustice like this.
  3. I love you forever for taking away the character limit.

4. Great improvements and much needed! Awesome.

5. kal

kal

Thanks Peter!

But today's update broke the mobile theme - there is a horizontal scroll bar now. I'll try to debug it after work and follow up here.

[​IMG]

Solenciennes likes this.
  6. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

I think that may be down to the (very subtle) ads at the bottom of the page... Will have a look too. Thanks!

7. The character limit being extended will be truly appreciated by us rate hosts, thank you!

beyoncésweave and phoenix123 like this.
  8. A kii at the character limit finally being thrown out right after @RJF finished the big rate.

Eric Generic and RJF like this.
  9. RJF

RJF

Bright side: I can fix the last Madonna rate.

10. Great work with the forum!

This isn't so much a complaint, more of an observation. A lot of random things have become lowercase since the update.

Example: Post times now say "today". "posts" & "topics" are lower case on the main forum. All just really small things that don't really matter or change anything. Just something that's changed that I'm not sure is on purpose, so figure I should bring to your attention.

Andy French and Slice of Life like this.
  11. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

It's on purpose — I'm working on a new theme for the forum where those things are placed at the start of a sentence rather than at the start of one, so lower case looks better. I appreciate that isn't much help now...

12. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

I did wonder why you'd gone from Popjustice to @popjustice!

Slice of Life likes this.
  13. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

Yes well that wasn't intentional but let's gloss over that...

14. I've noticed the "NEW" banner pushes down the rest of the text in a post, and I don't think it used to do that.

[​IMG]

Island and kal like this.
  15. Poor @Bin Bag's computer's F5 button is shuddering at the thought.

16. What if they were placed at the start of a sentence?
    Also, this isn't happening for me.

17. Oh, I tried Chrome too and it looks like it's only on Safari.

18. Any chance we'll ever get the ability to use .gif avatars back? I miss those.

19. AMAZING.

Your phone company's name is amazing, just saying.

kal likes this.