New forum tweaks and fixes | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New forum tweaks and fixes

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by Popjustice, Jan 27, 2017.

1. I wish more than 5 people can be tagged in a post.

2. Thank you so much, Peter. I really, really appreciate it.

Sugarate now coming at ya in justified single-post HD realness, y'all!
    This would be great, too. The specific problem is not the inability to tag but only the first five tagged users getting notifications for it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Slice of Life likes this.
  3. Yeah the horizontal scroll on mobile that @kal pointed out is grating

Otherwise well done @Popjustice x

4. Does anyone know why avatars look blurry in threads but look perfectly clear in the Avatar Editor? I just changed mine and noticed this.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  5. Anyone else having a problem on mobile with the forum automatically redirecting you to the bottom of the page once it loads? Just a little inconvenience.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  6. The forum software converts icons into .jpg regardless of the format when uploaded as part of when it resizes them for small previews (like on the side of a post as opposed to the large version displayed on a profile and when clicked on to enlarge). This is why .gif icons don't work, since they're converted automatically to .jpg. I think XenForo has a plug-in probably to do the resize while still allowing gifs / without converting the image to .jpg. But that's why. It's converting it, so some image data is being lost, and then it's resized down for preview sizes, losing even more image data.

Original .png vs .jpg from the forum:

Large -
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (It's odd the uploader suggests nothing smaller than 200x200 yet the 'large' preview is 192x192)

Medium -
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Small -
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Synthline likes this.
  7. Having that issue myself. If you scroll back to see a post it kicks you back down unless you stop the browser from loading the page it keeps doing it. I eventually discovered that a really long ad is loading down there and has something to do with it.

8. While I miss the GIF avatars, I can begrudgingly accept why they aren't allowed anymore. However, since the last upgrade these 96x96 ones that exist next to posts are so... limiting. @Popjustice Is is possible to change the dimensions of these back to the previous dimensions of 150x150 pixels?

9. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but is it possible to up the amount of people you can invite to a PM to like... 10 or is 5 the limit?