New theme | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New theme

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by Popjustice, May 24, 2017.

1. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

^^ Thirsty for likes

2. Disclaimer: Other sources of hydration are also available.

3. It worked for me on both themes!

4. I'm glad the Likes/Posts/Join Date have gone. I always find those kinds of stats divisive on message boards. Although I'm sure we wouldn't be like this here, elsewhere I see people who have joined recently, posted less frequently, are often overlooked and seen as making no valid contribution. I like the location stat that's in it's place.

Eric Generic likes this.
  5. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

Oh it seems to be working, that's good. Can't see how to change the colour though, feel like it doesn't quite work colourwise...

6. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

Agreed on this, that's why I took them off the last template too (just hadn't got round to doing it here). I'm liking location too actually. Hurrah.

Eric Generic and andru like this.
  7. The forum looks the same to me, but I might not be noticing all these changes. What has changed, if anything?

8. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

HERE HE IS. You need to select the new theme — see the first post for more exciting details.

Eric Generic likes this.
  9. Yes. I'm here! Thank you. Give me a few seconds to work your magic...

10. Ah. The img didn't load properly. Give me two more seconds...

11. Oh that's nice!

Popjustice likes this.
  12. I've been using the 17 theme for a few day's and I'm really starting to like it, MUCH better then what it was a few days ago with the new added tweaks. Still really smooth on mobile, I really appreciate that.

I'm with @ohnostalgia in that I think having a choice on layout is the way to go, even if its a bit more work I think it will be worth it to have that choice! Lots of other forums have the option, the black/gray/pink style works really well for me when I'm at work and supposed to not be on here heehhh.

Whereabouts will ads be placed in the new theme?

13. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I'm starting to get 'new style' notifications in the old theme. That pop up way too quickly to read or click them.

As for the new theme itself.. it's okay I guess though I don't see any immediate advantages of it?

14. I appreciate all the work you've been doing on this, @Popjustice.

One thing though - I liked how on the old theme the notification...um...notification? grouped everything together as "You have (x) alert(s)" rather than each individual notification getting its own balloon. It felt...cleaner.

15. You can disable the notification pop-ups in Preferences then untick "Show new alerts as pop-ups". They annoyed me too.

eccentricsimply and Eric Generic like this.
  16. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I do like the popups though, making noticifactions clear even if you're just scrolling through another topic.
    I'd even be up for them having a sound. (Of course with the ability to turn that off)

17. It isn't the popup aspect of it per se that bothers me, but the fact that each alert you receive gets its own HUGE balloon. The way the alerts were grouped together on the old theme was a little more subtle while still being noticeable.

R92 likes this.
  18. I do prefer the lightening bolt in the top bar in the old theme which is what people are referring to missing though the pop ups at the bottom are nice and get my attention but it doesn't help clear my alerts quickly.

Andy French likes this.
  19. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

What slightly bugs me now is if I click on a new alert and go to its thread, the lighting notifications still stay up there as if they're news to me.

20. I like it. Will there be a Facebook style notifications bit in the header?