Now That's What I Call PJOPS 31 - WINNER REVEALED (results start on page 13!)] | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now That's What I Call PJOPS 31 - WINNER REVEALED (results start on page 13!)]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by rawkey, Apr 9, 2017.

1. [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]
    It's time to polish up your chrome and shine your treasure! Thanks to the fabulous Danielle Dax and collective good taste, it is my pleasure to welcome you to the thirty-first installment of the PJOPS song contest.

For anyone visiting PJOPS for the first time - Welcome. Guidelines are in the 'spoiler' below.
    1. Pick a song that was released before 01.01.2000 and that is not well know (e.g. was not a big hit, is not by an established act etc. Click here for list of previous entries to give you an idea)
    2. PM your entry to me with a link to it on You Tube or Vimeo, or some other platform that will allow us all to be able to listen to it.
    3. Keep you fingers crossed that the veto panel don't reject your entry. If your song is vetoed, return to step 1 and try again.
    4. Once the song list is posted, listen to all the songs and decide your favourite top 10 in order. Award points to these in a Eurovision-style fashion (i.e. 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 points) and PM me your scores
    5. Log in for the reveal and find out whether your song flops or smashes!

Songs in this round do not need to fit a theme, however they will feature on an exclusive, low-budget, not available in the shops, soon-to-be collectors item compilation CD(r) that is/will be "Now That's What I Call PJOPS 31".

Only one copy of this CD will be produced and by entering you have a chance to get your hands on it. You just need to win. That's right - there is a prize!*

Can we make a great compilation? Of course we can! Will it be a single or a double disc? Time will tell...

*Acceptance of prize is entirely optional. The winner will be required to possess undisclosed amounts of patience, and have very low expectations of the quality of the final 'product'. The host reserves the right to substitute the prize with a copy of the official Now31 should copyright implications and/or sourcing of material create too big a barrier to seeing this idea through!

Ray, Zar-Unity, Hairycub1969 and 8 others like this.
  2. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  3. Song list (a-z by title)

Anggun - A Rose In The Wind
    Shuggie Otis - Aht Uh Mi Hed
    Barbie – Barbie Goes Around The World
    Dalida - Buenas Noches Mi Amor
    The Mavis's – Cry
    Stereolab - Cybele's Reverie
    Dan Hartman – Heaven In Your Arms
    Blaque – I Do
    John Ireland – I Like
    Novecento - I Need Love
    The Girlfriends - Jimmy Boy
    Donna DeLory - Just A Dream
    Fruits of Passion – Kiss Me Now
    Mice – Miss World
    Chynna Phillips – Naked and Sacred
    Slingbacks – No Way Down
    Romi & Jazz – One Love, One World
    Ingebord – Ping Pong
    Meja – Pop & Television
    June Pointer – Ready For Some Action
    Cibo Matto - Spoon
    Papermoon - Tell Me A Poem
    Bjorn Skifs - The Arbiter
    Tindersticks – Travelling Light
    Chantoozies – Wanna Be Up
    Karla De Vito - We Are Not Alone
    Billy Nicholls – White Lightning
    Gayle Adams - Your Love Is A Life Saver

Voting will be open for 3 WEEKS - closing at midnight on Sunday 14th May.
    Results will be revealed on Tuesday 16th May at 7.30pm UK time.

For any new folk, details of what to do now are in the spoiler below.

Happy voting!

Listen to each song (ideally at least once all the way through!)
    Select your favourite 10 tracks and rank them in order of preference
    Award 12 points to your favourite track, 10 to your second favourite, 8 to the third and then 7,6,5,4,3,2,1 for the remaining.
    When you are finished, PM me your scores.
    If possible, log in on the reveal date and watch the results unfold.

Please note:
    You cannot vote for your own entry!
    If you do not submit your scores by the deadline, the total number of points other people give your song will be halved - this will determine the final position of your song.
    The winner of the round becomes the host for the next round. If this fills you with horror, you can decide not to host and the next person in the list will be offered the opportunity.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    berserkboi and Zar-Unity like this.
  4. Ooh, I love it! So many possible entries to choose from...

rawkey likes this.
  5. Let me do my best and claim that CD.

rawkey likes this.
  6. #excitement

rawkey likes this.
  7. I was thinking I might sit out this round, but now that there's a prize, I think I have to enter. Now I just have to find a winner....

Zar-Unity, KamikazeHeart and rawkey like this.
  8. After last round's disaster, time to ditch male singers this round as I actually want to win that CD. Hmm... time to go with flash-in-the-pan scandipop or very minor hits that might squeeze past veto?

Eric Generic and rawkey like this.
  9. invertedbutterfly

invertedbutterfly Moderator

Yay. I normally moan about non-theme rounds, but this is so cute that I'm totally on board this time around. No idea what I'm going to enter, which usually means a last minute random choice that comes 17th, but it's the taking part and all that.

Eric Generic and rawkey like this.
  10. Why, I can only think of two... And I can't decide!

Zarjazz and iheartpoptarts like this.
  11. The time has come.

I shall be victorious.

Zarjazz likes this.
  12. Glad to be back for PJOPS (after a 1-year hiatus). I love my entry.

(Horrified to see my name at the absolute bottom spot of the 'master list', but the only way is up I guess.)

13. If only I could remember what I was planning to submit!

Zarjazz likes this.
  14. ...and so it starts once more...

Zarjazz and Eric Generic like this.
  15. Oh fuck. Apparently my song is far more famous than I thought it was.

Still has a chance at making it though. I'll just have to find a way to bribe my fellow veto panelists...

16. OK PEOPLE!
    Rawkey has thrown down the gauntlet here, we know our submissions will be placed on a compilation that will be sent to the next winner so we must all try V. hard to submit a top tune, please NO DUFFERS... I want to be able to play that cd all the way through without my ears falling off.

17. Crisis averted! Closer inspection revealed that the other song was a #8 smash in '78 even in the UK, so...

18. Good gracious, my first choice turned out to be a 90s number 1 hit in the uk!

who knew! (probably everyone but me)

Back to the drawing board.

KamikazeHeart and Eric Generic like this.
  19. Look, you cannot enter Bomballurina's Itsy Bitsy. Please get over it!

Zarjazz, Sprockrooster and unnameable like this.
  20. I love topping the master list forever for completely unsuccessful reasons!

One Stop Candy Shop likes this.