Older albums you're loving today. | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Older albums you're loving today.

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Vasilios, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Because of Spike Lee's She's Gotta Have It, I'm bumping these two soul classics for the first time today and loving them!

Timeless!
    What about you?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. [​IMG]

And of course Juliana Hatfield. Always. Be it solo or in her band Blake Babies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Vasilios likes this.
  3. Been playing The Beloved 'Happiness' a lot recently. It's just a pop dance masterpiece. It doesn't sound dated in any way whatsoever.

4. Recently I've been playing this again if we are talking pop.
    [​IMG]

5. Ray of Light

Felt like chilling to some quality William Orbit.

6. Has there ever been as 80s an album title as 'Catch as catch can'?

7. True Colors / True Blue / True Confessions / True Colours are shaking.

8. Ok, not as old as such (only turned 10 2 months ago!), but the chilled out tracks on X, have been perfect to unwind too this New Year's Day with The One, Cosmic, No More Rain and Stars.

soratami and Vasilios like this.
  9. Donna Summer - Bad Girls

Vasilios likes this.
  10. RuPaul: "Red Hot"

Been wanting to get this album since it came out but never got round to it. Finally listening to it on Spotify - it's really good.

Lead single was "Looking Good Feeling Gorgeous", featuring model Rusty Joiner in the video

lacroix peachi and Vasilios like this.
  11. The XTC documentary on Sky Arts (which I only saw 30 minutes of), got me digging out all my XTC albums, ready to listen to again.

The Black Sea (1980) was my first choice, home of Sgt Rock Is Going To Help Me:

[​IMG]
    I wanted to play Drums & Wires (1979) first, but that's stored away with all my pre-1980 CDs somewhere else!

Vasilios likes this.

12. And if you want some mid 90s Swedish R&B a la TLC / Brandy with super catch hooks:

13. Talk That Talk by Rihanna, blasted it out earlier for the first time in yonks. One big classic single, one summer banger, two flop bops and a decent amount of album cuts to fill out the rest.

14. An absolute flop it was too. Scandalous.

ohnoitisnathan and Eric Generic like this.
  15. It made the Top 100!!!!

ohnoitisnathan and Tommy Johnson like this.
  16. Strangely I had also been listening to France Gall's Babacar album during the first week of the year, only to discover the other day that she sadly passed away on January 7th...

I LOVE 'Ella Elle L'a'!!! RIP France Gall

17. The Flashdance Soundtrack. I can't believe it's going to be 35 years old this year.

I've been inspired to listen to it because of the film, Call Me By Your Name, and specifically this song:

Vasilios likes this.
  18. Only just! I thought the success of Love Blonde might have helped it. I remember thinking it was her most commercial single in a good while.

Eric Generic likes this.
  19. I tried to get into this Kim album as loved Love Blonde. But alas, just couldn't! Wonderful artwork though, what a beauty!

20. It does take a bit of work to get into. Something like Dream Sequence isn’t for everyone! It’s not instant like Close.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.