Overrated and Overplayed Bops Of Yesteryear | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overrated and Overplayed Bops Of Yesteryear

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by UnionJackMix, Nov 7, 2017.

1. That's right, just like there are tons underrated bops in the past, there are many that are either overrated or through some lucky promotion or "placement" made them rise from the ashes and, possibly underservedly, cemented a place in history.

For me a great example of this is Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time".
    The song was always a very good song, but it has been used so much in movie that feature 80s soundtracks that I just can't stand to hear it anymore. I actually now skip it. It was never so good to deserve this fame, and is certainly nowhere near as good as most songs from Cyndi's repertoire.

2. I could never get into Frankie. Goes To Hollywood's The Power of Love, the vocals annoy me a lot,I like their other hits though.

3. Come at me!

bichard, WhatKindOfKylie? and blod like this.
  4. I understand why it was such a big hit but I think that "I Just Called To Say I Love You" does not really deserved to be Stevie Wonder's biggest, most remembered and most played hit.

Farnaby and Dr Pop like this.
  5. "Come On Eileen" EVERY fucking wedding, birthday party or event. Hate it with a passion, if someone wants to send me on a shooting spree, put a gun in my hand and play me the song 3 times in a row....

6. Airplanes by B.O.B & Hayley Williams. Jesus Christ this song. Every 5 seconds on the radio. Every 2nd persons Facebook status. Every 3rd tweet. At school, I would hear someone sing it at least twice a day. I wouldn't mind if the song was actually GOOD but it's not. I haven't heard it in years now & I plan on keeping it like that.

berserkboi likes this.
  7. Uptown Funk.

Need I say more?

acl, Runawaywithme, Farnaby and 4 others like this.
  8. I always thought this was overrated and overplayed at the time. Of course I did love it.

ModeRed, TrendyMüller and Mikey1701 like this.
  9. Inescapable for that year, and in fact the year after. Always reminds me of university though so it's remembered with fondness!

_Gru_ likes this.
  10. Love Shack by B-52´s.
    I love them to bits and maybe I would say the same thing if another song of theirs was such an über-hit.

Farnaby, Dr Pop and LP like this.
  11. Second on my list (after Come On Eileen) of my most hated songs ever!

LP likes this.
  12. Angels by Robbie Williams. Even he can't be bothered to sing it.

acl, LP, Rooneyboy and 2 others like this.
  13. Amen sis! Classic Kylie admittedly but still way overplayed!

LP likes this.
  14. Awful song that!

15. There isn't a Kylie song I don't like playing, well, @WhatKindOfKylie? may remember which one comes close. Wink

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  16. Bad Romance.

17. Always part of my drunk playlist!

18. I mean, CAN he even sing it anymore?

Baby Clyde likes this.
  19. 2014

2014 Moderator

you're funny hahaha stop it

20. Went to youtube to get the link and immediately clicked off