Pale Waves | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pale Waves

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by weatherconor, May 17, 2017.

1. What in the MUNA and Chvrches rip-off

Their music is cute tho

TRAVVV likes this.
  2. I’m a bit obsessed with The Tide at the moment. What a bop.

HeartSwells and phily693 like this.
  3. "Heavenly" music video:

Jordlols, Ferk and phily693 like this.
  4. I absolutely adore them.

slaybellz and phily693 like this.
  5. I’ve been raving about them to just about anyone that will listen to me. They’re just so cool and the music has been excellent so far. It’s not the most original sound but it’s boppable and consistently great.

Also I love that they manage to squeeze in “heaven/heavenly” as a lyric in to a few of their songs. It’s like they’ll have it as a continuing theme for the album. I love when pop acts have little tidbits like that scattered throughout an album or they name the album after an obscure lyric in one of the songs. It’s such a cool old-school thing to do.

AlisodoTheBambino and slaybellz like this.
  6. Pale Waves are like...if The Sundays and Chvrches had an illicit threesome with Muna and the resulting offspring sounded like this?

Ferk, phily693 and nooniebao like this.
  7. I always say The 1975 meets The Cure.

Ferk and phily693 like this.
  8. She’s giving me Robert Smith Drag Race Challenge eleganza and I’m here for it.

slaybellz likes this.
  9. Okay but I need another song at least as good as Television Romance. The Tide and Heavenly come close but they both need a longer chorus.

AlisodoTheBambino likes this.
  10. 2014

2014 Moderator

seriously where is an album

slaybellz likes this.
  11. Why am I so obsessed with Heather's voice?!

12. In that case, can they release "You Don't Love Us Anymore" and "She" please and thank you.

13. Kiss is great, as expected. That surprise second-half of the chorus is also a nice touch. Their formula of "sparkly guitar hook" underneath gliding vocals is all they need.