Paloma Faith - The Architect | Page 21 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paloma Faith - The Architect

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Island, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Never in my life did I think I would be perched for a Paloma Faith album but both songs are fantastic.

TRAVVV, Mikal, 4Roses and 7 others like this.
  2. Love the new song, even better than "Crybaby" at first listen. It reminds me of "Play On", my second favorite Paloma song, especially in the verses.
    I really like that it's darker than "Crybaby", although it is a weaker song for the single. The single cover could be way better, we've seen that already.

And it seems like there will be an intro and interludes on the album where there are features (except John Legend), so there will be 15/16 new songs (including "Crybaby" and "Guilty").
    Looking forward to the album.

FrancoisDit likes this.
  3. Guilty's clicked with me after a few plays. It caught me off guard as I was expecting something more along the lines of Crybaby, but I can't dislike a song with a chorus like this.

4. I'm satisfied with Guilty but yeah, my arms are wide open to embrace new funky songs like Crybaby.

inevitable and Jacques like this.
  5. Stunned to find Guilty isn't anywhere on the charts

6. It didn't even enter the Top 200 in the UK.

7. Guilty is amazing!

8. Guilty is only alright.

9. Well that was a belly flop. It's nowhere to be seen or heard. All her recent press has been pretty bad too.

I didn't realise it was about Brexit...bit patronising and didactic really.

My first feelings were that it was relatable with relationships and then found out it was written about Brexit and it really turned me off. I feel kinda hijacked.

Points for bravery I guess.

The song is OK but it's a bit of a bore. Holding our hope for the album...

10. 2014

2014 Moderator

Crybaby is still one of the best songs of the year. A classic already.

TRAVVV, BikeThief, inevitable and 8 others like this.
  11. Yeah, I feel like Crybaby will have some real longevity going through the album campaign. It's exceptionally catchy.

Hitchcock likes this.
  12. I really like it! Add me to the list of those perched for the album.

13. It's sounds very Sia. I wish she'd disappear for awhile.

Still perched for the album.

14. I'm listening to the debut and while I love Romance is Dead, it low key seems like some parody of a Disney song.

GRMusic likes this.
  15. The full is great.

I mean at least the sia version is but this will be too.

16. Oop this album is far more political than I expected it to be.

She's had some sort of political reasoning behind every song she's mentioned so far.

londonrain likes this.
  17. I honestly don't think many people are here for a political album by Paloma Faith of all people, but... points to her for branching out, I suppose.

I think I'll be avoiding her song descriptions. Associating a generic Sia throwaway with the "refugee crisis in Syria" just makes me choke more than anything.

18. She's performing on X Factor next week!

DreamlessNights, DMDR, andru and 4 others like this.