PC Music | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Music

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Officially PC Music's marquee act. Figured she deserved her own thread now that they're going for a proper launch following the presentation at SXSW.

The Diplo remix is available for free on WeTransfer (via XL Recordings).

Single out May 10 on iTunes. Pre-order here.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  2. The song is still very good, and the video is very glossy and meta, I like it.

3. It's not my favourite song by the PC Music bunch, but the music video made me love it. It's amazing.

4. I've gone off them a bit since every music writer out there seems to have enjoyed doing a takedown of their entire shtick, but "Hey QT" is still a reasonably good song. And I do like the video.

5. Hey QT is GLORIOUS. Here for this.

6. This made such a splash last Summer that it's a bit odd to see them going full-on with this now. But this is a great song, and I would love if their ethos infiltrated the chart-pop scene in some way.

7. [video=youtube;qxc09ozaQRY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxc09ozaQRY[/video]

Ha impact.

8. I really, REALLY like SOPHIE but still cannot get my head around this one, at all

9. Why do I feel like this was on the reference board?

10. RJF

RJF

Is this a joke?

11. I think that's sort of the point? "The blonde popstar" etc

When will Gaga? When will Marina?

12. RJF

RJF

Don't we have enough """ironic""" popstars like Sia and Charli XCX releasing shit music and getting away with it because "jk" though?

13. Am I the only one who feels all the PC Music songs would extremely benefit from normal vocals? There's a catchy song hiding in every single one of them but the vocals put me off so much.

14. Don't like this at all. Maybe I just don't 'get' the joke.

Rei Ayanami likes this.
  15. Well look who got a budget.

16. I'm doing a podcast on PC Music as the final project for my Pop Culture Communications class, using Baudrillard's theory of hyperreality as an entry point. I've no doubt it'll completely fall apart at the slightest scrutiny, but it'll still be a hoot.

17. Yes! I get that they're meant to be like hyper-real but there would be that small fraction of accessibility with a normal vocal.

18. It's the future.

19. I see what they're hinting at, since no one releases non-processed vocals anymore, so why not crank it up to 11?
    I have these morbid thoughts about the possibility that someday Beyoncé might have albums of newly recorded material after she dies. I mean, she already has a huge digital archive of everything she does, digitally reconstructing her timbre will be a piece of cake. And we've all witnessed the Myah Marie scandal, really makes you wonder if the voice behind the music matters anymore.

20. Only the songs matter.