Peter Gabriel | The Popjustice Forum

Peter Gabriel

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by ysaferrer, Aug 31, 2010.

1. I'm just playing 'Scratch My Back courtesy of the HMV sale, what a beautiful album and return to form even though all covers - I never got into 'Up' but I love all his other albums...must a post a playlist to bore you all you death!

[​IMG]

2. One of my very favourite artists of all-time.

I held out on the latest album, as it got pretty poor reviews and I'm not a huge fan of covers albums, but £3 in HMV last week proved too hard to resist, haha. I'll have to give it a listen....

EG.

3. It's great I promise.....did you ever listen to the Jerry Burns cd?

4. Argh, no. I had it out ready to play, and must have moved it with piles of CDs that have been hanging around. Ha. Need to rectify that!

"So" was just about as perfect an album as there has been. Red Rain is beyond sublime, Big Time is huge fun and a tour-de-force. I love all of it, even the bonus track!

Plus he guests on my 2nd favourite record ever, Joni Mitchell's My Secret Place. So many of his best tracks are overlooked; Walk Through The Fire, Red Rain, Growing Up, Shaking The Tree....

EG.

5. If anyone didn't already know, he's on Spotify as of today. Listening to the "So" live concert for the first time now and it's amazing, may have to buy it eventually. The German stuff is an interesting listen too, though "Games Without Frontiers" didn't translate as well as I'd hoped. And I can FINALLY add his singles to my best-of-decades playlists, which is a long time coming and will fill some pretty glaring holes.

Sounds like some rare content will go up in the coming weeks, so that will be fun to keep an eye on.

DominoDancing and JapaneseJesus like this.
  6. I can't put in words how happy I am that his studio albums are finally on Spotify. His body of work is absolutely amazing - I didn't know all of it and am in the process of catching up (my first contact with him was the Shaking The Tree compilation). And the few moments when he's doing something a bit more upbeat are nearly always standouts.

Fluorocarbon likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.