Petite Meller - Lil Empire (ALBUM) + The Flute (Single) | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petite Meller - Lil Empire (ALBUM) + The Flute (Single)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Xanax, Sep 14, 2014.

1. I actually find 'Grace' really cute but it's not something I'd listen to all the time.

Noir likes this.
  2. The album is nice and it has a very relaxing pleasant feel thoughout, although I still think Baby Love is her best song.

andru likes this.
  3. I've had some time to properly get into Lil Empire, and I really, really love it. It's a great album, albeit a bit one-note at times. It's funny, cause every song seems to draw from various, quite exciting and unpredictable influences, yet everything ends up sounding too cohesive.

The only song that hasn't clicked yet is Power. It's a bit boring. I love Grace - I always end up loving the misfit track on albums like this. And I really love Barbaric, but I feel like Lil Love would've made a far better follow up to Baby Love, in spite of the title. It's just immense.

Island likes this.
  4. I don't understand what is going on with Power. It was produced with Starsmith which means it should be amazing but it's just there. It's kind of like they combined Baby Love and Barbaric but something went horribly wrong.

Island and Noir like this.
  5. Same here - every other song, even Grace which I'm not a fan of, I could at least hum or sing to you if you asked me how they go. I don't remember Power at all.

AndrewX, Island and Noir like this.
  6. Loved Lil Love and finally got around to hearing the full album and most of it is fantastic. Early highlights -- The Flute, Lil Love, Backpack, & Argentina. Baby Love, America, Barbaric, & Geez are also great.

Noir and Island like this.
  7. I got bored of this album already, but, yeah, it's great.

DJHazey and Island like this.
  8. I'm so far behind on new releases, but I catch up eventually.

Island and Noir like this.
  9. Seems like Petite's been working on new music with Basement Jaxx. Want.

10. She commented on Facebook or Twitter that a CD is coming. Maybe there'll be a few bonus tracks on it.

PEARL and AndrewX like this.
  11. andru, PEARL, AndrewX and 3 others like this.
  12. Oh my god, the thought of those two working together is really really exciting, and quite unexpected.

andru and Island like this.
  13. I said (in this thread?) that Petite's album should've been Nicola's second album - perfect fit! So I kind've got what I wished for, in a round about way.

14. Island, andru and PEARL like this.
  15. Unfortunately to whom it may concern. said on Twitter they aren't working together, which is a shame because I think they'd be great. Although, the post above about working with Nicola Roberts is also exciting.

I pre-ordered the CD. Fingers crossed for a couple of bonus tracks, even if it's just NYC Time which was omitted from the digital release and a final version of Conspiracy.

Island and AndrewX like this.
  16. "Power" is still THAT bop though

PEARL and blissteria like this.
  17. Really? I have tried and tried with that track but it just doesn't work for me. I think it's the chorus. I wish it was more prominent.

Noir and Island like this.
  18. She's friends with Peaches Geldof's husband.

Side note: he's really cute.

19. My CD arrived today. It's artwork is the same as digital, very cute booklet with a sort of postcard looking page design. The photos inside are all screenshots from the music videos - but high quality, and I'm not sure this matters given her unique aesthetic.

The font they've used to write the lyrics is horrible. Any other script font would be better!

There are no bonus tracks, sadly.