Petite Meller - Lil Empire (ALBUM) + The Flute (Single) | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petite Meller - Lil Empire (ALBUM) + The Flute (Single)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Xanax, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Yeah she's still signed to Island and she's working on album 2 at the moment with Jocke Åhlund (Producer of Baby Love, Argentina, The Flute and Barbaric). She was in Brazil for a couple of weeks and then headed to Los Angeles to work with Diane, before heading to Sweden where she is now.

This is a rough compilation of the snippets we have so far, all of which can be found on her Facebook

PEARL and FrancoisDit like this.
  2. Completely random, the instrumental of Milk Bath appears in a Honda commercial. I can't say I'm upset though. She has to fund album number two somehow.

https://ispot.tv/a/wbac

2014, andru and Oleander like this.
  3. I also heard Milk Bath on that commercial. I was wondering what happened to her. Lil Empire is pure joy.

andru, AndrewX and Oleander like this.
  4. Get money, girl.

andru and Oleander like this.
  5. When I saw that commercial I did a double take and had to make sure it was Milk Bath that I heard.

I checked her instagram the other day and she was at Wimbledon.

andru and Island like this.
  6. I've been watching some of her few interviews, and she said that the album cover was based on milk, and that the original title of the album was "Milk Bath". I kind of love that because that's one of my favorite songs on it. I wonder why she didn't release it like that last July and randomly chucked it out in September really randomly with the new title and cover. She must have shifted her inspirations after "The Flute". She's very interesting, I love her.

AndrewX and Oleander like this.
  7. I've always assumed they delayed it because none of the songs really caught on, then they just threw it out digitally to coincide with her London gig in order to just move on from it.

Noir likes this.
  8. Yep.

9. Did we ever find out how much Lil Empire sold, or if it charted at all (the fact I ask the question probably answers it too, haha)?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  10. Lil' Love is an absolute beast of a track.

Brilliant album.

alexdotpsd, Oleander and andru like this.
  11. I think it went 2x tissue paper,

but it will always be an album that I go back to lift my spirits. I hope she doesn't stop making music

Oleander and andru like this.
  12. Milk Bath is definitely my favorite song on the album. I just wish the middle eight was about 10 to 15 seconds longer. That would have took it from a 10 to an 11.
    I also wish she would have stuck with the title Milk Bath for the album. She did a stunning photoshoot that ended up in a magazine with a milk bath theme. I always assumed it was for the album when it was still titled Milk Bath.

The photoshoot can be found at this link: http://naokoyabu.com/fashion/magazine-cover-petite-meller.html

andru likes this.
  13. She's back in LA at the moment doing some more recording, I think she might be finishing up some stuff with Diane and maybe Maty Noyes since they spent some time together on her last trip. Either way the album is properly underway and she's getting more and more songs ready to choose from. There's a chance we might see something before the end of the year (I'm basing that off of a comment she made on Instagram to someone, I don't have any exclusive info).

The titles I've collected so far:
    MaMa (Semi-confirmed title) [Prod: Bubba]
    Brazil (Semi-confirmed title) [Prod: Boss In Drama]
    Lost Angels (Semi-confirmed title) [Prod: Unknown]
    Uptight (Filler title based off of lyrics) [Prod: Unknown]
    Rainbow (Filler title based off of lyrics) [Prod: Unknown]
    TWBL (Filler title based off of caption) [Prod: Jocke Ahlund]
    The Flute Pt.2 (Filler title based off of caption) [Prod: HYENA]