Pitch Perfect | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pitch Perfect

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by The Rural Juror, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Does anyone else have appreciation for this recent film? Definitely not as good as Mean Girls, but still provides some chuckles.

I need to start using "Lesbihonest" and "Toner" in general conversation now.

2. It's a very good flick, especially considering it's a 'spoof' movie. Easy to watch and follow without being disengaging.

3. I LOVE Pitch Perfect, on some insane level - I didn't even think I'd like it that much but honestly I listen to the soundtrack everyday. Did it have subliminal messages in it or something?! I don't know why I like it so much!

4. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

Amazing, amazing movie. I love Anna and Rebel.

5. robots need oil, you're not the only one who's addicted to the soundtrack. I've also been listening to it constantly over the past few days.

The girls finale song is actually ridiculously cleverly arranged upon further listens of it.

Rebel is pretty damn amazing I have to say.

6. It's not a spoof movie, ya klutz.

7. It's over rated. Some nice lines but the whole thing feels trite. The "Just the way you are" number is insanely better than the messy final one. Male lead was boring and creepy.

I'd watch a movie of Rebel Wilson just being awesome.

8. I found Anna Camp as Aubrey way funnier than Rebel Wilson in it.

9. Acca-scuse me? (Had to be done). Anna Camp did play the uptight bitch remarkably well.

I do think it wasn't as good I was expecting it to be (Kay Cannon is Tina Fey's protege nearly) and the poster isn't a fair representation of the film, but is still more decent than a lot of films out there.

10. I don't find Rebel Wilson amusing at all - I only like her bits in the songs...

11. Did anyone get massive lesbian vibes off Brittany Snow? I thought that's where they were heading with her.

12. I DID! I thought the "joke" was gonna be they all thought Cynthia was the lesbian then it tuned out to be Brittany Snow's character instead. Weird.

13. MFW

MFW

Beca's roommate who kept giving her dirty looks had me in tears.

14. I want full length studio versions of ever song performed! In particular, Titanium.

I assumed it was spoofing glee and such like?

15. It's not.

It's based on a book from a reporter who actually followed the acapella college circuit for a summer.

16. YES, YES, YES.

Brittany harmonising on that is just life-giving.

17. I imagine the chances of it happening are low unless it gets released alongside the dvd?

Oh really? That's awesome!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  18. Watched this movie twice on my holiday, and I LOVE it.

"I ate my twin in the womb"

19. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

It's made me obsessed with Anna Kendrick. Her character in the film was probably the least funny/most serious, but she's actually so wonderfully sarcastic and dry witted. I LIVE for her interviews.

[video=youtube;1708WI4RH-Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1708WI4RH-Q[/video]

[video=youtube;YHeP4HKZ0Mw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHeP4HKZ0Mw[/video]

[video=youtube;NKo9oEWb2z0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKo9oEWb2z0[/video]

A new fave is born. She's amazing. Also, the last mash-up/song was imbeded in my brain for like 4 days afterwards. I honestly couldn't stop humming or singing, Don't You (Forget About Me)/Give Me Everything.