PJOPS (Song Contest) 35/XXXV: PJBOPS - RESULTS!!!!! | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PJOPS (Song Contest) 35/XXXV: PJBOPS - RESULTS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by iheartpoptarts, Nov 9, 2017.

1. There's a lot of us in that boat this time around, I think!

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  2. That's why I enter all of them! At least in one I have to be succesfull at some point

3. Look at me sailing my I-know-exactly-how-many-points-I-have boat all by myself. I think I'll go to Hawaii.

londonrain, berserkboi and Mina like this.
  4. I am so sad @Mina is leaving us after this round. What if we promise heaps of cat gifs next round?

5. @Mina so you're leaving not only PJSC but PJOPS too? WHY?

iheartpoptarts and Mina like this.
  6. Because:
    22960.png

7. I don't know why, but somehow when everything's all Christmas, the pompom sweater actually makes sense.

Oleander, londonrain and Mina like this.
  8. Ray

Ray

[​IMG]
    I need to update this.

9. We need a festive Bjorkonica too!

Oleander, iheartpoptarts and Ray like this.
  10. Finally started on my scores, two observations...

1 - People's bops definitions really differ - pitched up speedcore all the way to to snooze! EDIT: Including mine - think I was so used to the remix that I'd forgotten how fast/slow the original is...

2 - I really dont like tinny euro house production and overly tweaked vocals anymore (actually did I ever I wonder)... cue half of the song list struggling so far.

Picking a top ten may be struggle...

11. I'm on the 7th track of the Spotify playlist for PJ00s 3 and.. listening to the songs so far reminds me why I was reluctant to enter it . The 'PS' in PJOPS is very appropriate.

iheartpoptarts and ModeRed like this.
  12. Based on what I know of your taste...
    there's stuff you will like. It's just not at the beginning of the Spotify playlist (and some of it isn't even on Spotify).

13. I'm up to track 20 now (a couple of earlier tracks are blocked). Here's my commentary (without revealing the songs) for 4 tracks I may vote for so far:

"- I like the music, but the lyrics are bad and the featured female singer in the middle was unnecessary."

"- Pleasant enough."

"- OK."

14. This sounds like @Mina talking about her PJOPS shortlist.

[​IMG]

Oleander, iheartpoptarts, Ray and 2 others like this.
  15. Also:

-"kii."

Makes you wonder what I eventually went with...

[​IMG]

16. The real kii is what is going to happen to that embedded picture once I change my avatar back to Elijah Blake in the new year.

(Who am I kidding? Nineties Monica and her pompom cuffs are iconic.)

17. One or both of those images might get saved to a lot of users' hard drives...

iheartpoptarts and londonrain like this.
  18. Scarily similar to mine... just finished and without spoilers, here are a few snippets...

"a bit tinny"
    "too squeaky a vocal, plods a bit"
    "More bouncy annoyance… "

Sadly a bit of a sparse round for new discoveries piquing my interest.

19. Same here. Have to say this is my least favourite round so far; I feared the worst when the songlist came up, and it's proving as alien to my tastes as I thought it might be.

iheartpoptarts and ModeRed like this.
  20. Enjoying my top three though (admittedly my no.1 was already known to me and a shoo in for points barring epic new discoveries)