PJSC 65 // RESULTS | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PJSC 65 // RESULTS

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Derek, Mar 31, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

Hello and welcome to PJSC 65!!

What is PJSC?

Will my song be vetoed?

How does the voting work?

Submit your song HERE by Friday, April 6.

***PJSC 65 Minigame:***

For a little side minigame this round, I've concocted a few riddle-/puzzle- type things (see next post) -- a few related to PJSC and/or music in general, plus one number puzzle and one word puzzle. Figuring out the correct answers will earn you a certain number of points for each riddle; these points will of course be unrelated to the points earned by your songs, with a separate leaderboard. Participation in this part is of course entirely optional!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  2. RIDDLE TIME
    (also posted on page 2)

As I mentioned in the first post, this round will include a riddle/puzzle minigame as a random bit of extra fun. But first, a funny story:

Part of the inspiration for these riddles was the NPR Sunday Puzzle. On this morning's segment, the host began with, "Well, this is really difficult for me to say, but based on recent listener surveys, it turns out that not many people enjoy the Puzzle. So today will be the last one after a run of 31 years, and will be replaced starting next week with additional news coverage."

...And then at the end, it turned out that the whole thing was an April Fool's joke -- I have to admit that I was totally fooled! But in my defense, I was still half-asleep and hadn't remembered the date yet.

Anyhow, for those of you in the mood for a cerebral challenge, here are my puzzles for you to solve (And here is the link to the PJSC wiki; it may come in handy!):

(You can submit your answers HERE)

Part I: Music / PJSC

1. PJSC Trivia
    There are, of course, lots of artists who have appeared in more than one round of PJSC. One example would be last month's winner, Ariel Beesley. An unusual thing in that case, though, is that she was the featured artist for the first of her songs that was entered, but on her own as a solo artist in the song from last month. Another interesting type of repeat artist would be someone like Caroline Polachek, who has appeared in PJSC both as part of Chairlift (twice) and as a featured artist.

Now, here is the question for you: Can you name a solo artist who has appeared in multiple rounds of PJSC, but under different names? (I realize this question may be a bit trickier for PJSC newcomers.)

Clarification: To be a valid answer, *both* appearances of the artist must be as a solo artist. So someone who has appeared in PJSC both as a solo artist and as part of a group would *not* be allowed. They must be solo artists in both cases, and they must be the same person, just going by a different name.

[You can submit up to three, worth 1 point for each correct answer!]

2. Venn Diagram
    Circles A, B, and C below each represent a music artist. What artist does each circle represent?

[1 point for each correct answer!]

[​IMG]

3. A Secret Number and a Secret Song
    X and Y each represent a two-digit number. Below are PJSC-related clues as to what numbers they are. Once you've figured this part out, write down the number X, followed by a zero, followed by the number Y, to form a new five-digit number. This number will serve as a clue (unrelated to PJSC) which relates to a song that was released in 2018. What is the five-digit number, and what is the song?

[1 point for the number, 2 additional points for the song!]

[​IMG]

Part II: Number / Word Puzzles

4. Number Sequence
    What number comes next in this sequence?

1, 12, 1113, 3114, ...

[2 points for the correct answer]

5. Two Words
    Your task here is to use as many letters as possible to form two words, without repeating any letters. So, for example, you couldn't form the words "song" and "contest", because the letters S, O, N, and T are all repeated, but "dog" and "cat" would be an acceptable pair of words, since D, O, G, C, A, and T are all different letters.

[2 points will go to whoever forms a valid pair of words using the greatest number of letters!]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  3. Ok, I think we're ready for songs!

But first, with apologies for further complicating things, I'm going to make a quick clarification/modification regarding Riddle #1: To be a valid answer, *both* appearances of the artist must be as a solo artist. So someone who has appeared in PJSC both as a solo artist and as part of a group would *not* be allowed. They must be solo artists in both cases, and they must be the same person, just going by a different name.

And now.....

THE SONGS OF PJSC 65:

Caroline Rose - Cry!
    bülow - Not A Love Song
    Liv Dawson - Talk
    Claudia Pavel - Crazy
    TOMI - What Kind of Love
    Exid - Lady
    Ilse DeLange - OK
    MONSTA X - Beautiful
    Maala - Kind Of Love
    Gwenno - Tir Ha Mor
    HANA - Underwater
    Helene Fischer - Atemlos durch die Nacht
    Olivera - No More
    Sergey Lazarev - Take It Off
    Orkid - Wasted
    Natalie Prass - Short Court Style
    REOL - Yoiyoi Kokon
    Post Precious - Lose Myself
    Liv Lovelle - All That Matters
    Hyphen Hyphen - Like Boys
    JONES - Something Bout Our Love
    Halie - Youth
    Elle Teresa - Make Up
    Anna Zak - Bang Bang
    Harper - No Love in the Jungle
    Clara Mae - I Forgot
    Deidre & the Dark - Come On
    RaeLynn - Festival
    Stockholm Noir featuring Ofelia - Boy Like A Girl
    Mecha Maiko - Cold (feat. Dana Jean Phoenix)
    Nils Bech - Waiting
    Mama Haze - Welcome To My House
    Moment - All This Time
    Featurette - Bang
    Marc Scibilia - Summer Clothes
    Kristiina Brask - Kuivilla susta
    Sofya Wang - Need Ya
    Mayka - Rich

Submit votes HERE by 11:59pm BST on Friday, April 20.

Submit riddle solutions HERE by the same time.

Reveal: Weekend of April 21/22

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    2014, soratami and Empty Shoebox like this.
  4. FINAL SCOREBOARD

1. Stockholm Noir featuring Ofelia - Boy Like A Girl // londonrain = 143
    2. Exid - Lady // eyeline = 105
    3. HANA - Underwater // Carel = 88
    4. Mecha Maiko - Cold (feat. Dana Jean Phoenix) // IAmMrDexB = 81
    5. Liv Dawson - Talk // 2014 = 77
    6. Liv Lovelle - All That Matters // Sprockrooster = 76
    7. Gwenno - Tir Ha Mor // One Stop Candy Shop = 70
    8. Post Precious - Lose Myself // Hudweiser = 70
    9. Moment - All This Time // HarryEzra = 68
    10. JONES - Something Bout Our Love // popknark2 = 135 / 2 = 67.5
    11. Nils Bech - Waiting // Riiiiiiiii = 64
    12. Deidre & the Dark - Come On // CorgiCorgiCorgi = 58
    13. TOMI - What Kind of Love // WowWowWowWow = 57
    14. Olivera - No More // soratami = 53
    15. Harper - No Love in the Jungle // ufint = 50
    16. bülow - Not A Love Song // imaduck = 49
    17. Maala - Kind Of Love // Untouchable Ace = 49
    18. Marc Scibilia - Summer Clothes // KamikazeHeart = 48
    19. Helene Fischer - Atemlos durch die Nacht // Empty Shoebox = 45
    20. Sergey Lazarev - Take It Off // GhettoPrincess = 42
    21. Hyphen Hyphen - Like Boys // Lost boy = 42
    22. Mama Haze - Welcome To My House // Filippa = 41
    23. Halie - Youth // haps = 41
    24. Mayka - Rich // NuhdeensPassport = 38
    25. MONSTA X - Beautiful // OspreyQueen = 36
    26. Ilse DeLange - OK // TheChoirgirlHotel = 35
    27. Anna Zak - Bang Bang // iheartpoptarts = 35
    28. Orkid - Wasted // Petty Mayonnaise = 33
    29. Featurette - Bang // slaybellz = 32
    30. Natalie Prass - Short Court Style // Derek = 31
    31. Sofya Wang - Need Ya // Rogue = 25
    32. Elle Teresa - Make Up // New Flame = 23
    33. REOL - Yoiyoi Kokon // Lego = 22
    34. Claudia Pavel - Crazy // Saviodxl = 20
    35. Clara Mae - I Forgot // thegingerone = 34 / 2 = 17
    36. Caroline Rose - Cry! // Alchemy Jones v3.0 = 27 / 2 = 13.5
    37. RaeLynn - Festival // fistcity = 21 / 2 = 10.5
    38. Kristiina Brask - Kuivilla susta // Zar-Unity = 8

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018 at 6:46 PM
    soratami and Empty Shoebox like this.
  5. Just submitted a fucking bop which I have a feeling might get vetoed!

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  6. So did I. I hope it wasn't the same song.

OspreyQueen likes this.
  7. Submitted!

soratami and Untouchable Ace like this.
  8. So my PJSC hosting nightmare has finally come true: Someone entered the same song as me. I submitted it first, but of course I had an unfair advantage since I could enter it as soon as I opened the thread. This other person entered it within an hour of the thread going up, so it seems like the right thing to do would be to let them have it and switch my own entry. Thoughts?

Maybe a third person will enter it and then there won't be a problem anymore.

Oh, and expect those riddles to appear tomorrow...!

soratami likes this.
  9. That's all that matters.

10. It’s a toughie for sure!

Another option might be neither of you taking it. You could make an argument for how either person ends up with it, so perhaps it would be a fair compromise if nobody had it. (Plus if a third person were to submit it, it would be out anyway.)

I think you’ve shown good faith here by sharing the situation and not just making the decision to take the song for yourself without anyone knowing; hopefully the person who submitted it feels the same way.

Sprockrooster and Derek like this.
  11. Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    soratami, saviodxl and londonrain like this.
  12. This has happened to me before, we ran with first entrant.

That being said if it's mine then don't you dare.

13. I don't know if it's mine or not but something should be written into the rules about it. Personally if I was hosting and another person quickly entered the same song after me I would let them have it. That's not me being all high and mighty I just think it's good sportsmanship and fair as the host can enter within seconds of the thread opening.

14. To be honest my anxiety flares up so badly every month when I know the contest is coming and I’m scared someone will enter my song (I know it’s so stupid but it’s a thing)

15. No I totally get that and I'm in no way saying the whole submission period should have the host on edge but perhaps the first day or 5 hours even 1 hour of submission is a period of grace where if someone else enters the same song the host steps down. Either way something has to be put in the rules about it even if it's "Nah Nuhdeen first come first served now fack off". If it's a rule then we know for future.

Lost Boy likes this.
  16. I have never had the feeling someone would submit my entries. If it would happen, just click randomly until you find something new.

Result night does get me excited though, even if I rationally should know I won't do well. But that's maybe because I only want to submit songs I really stan.

Riiiiiiiii likes this.
  17. If it was mine, I have a few second choices so keep it.

18. Please let is be as amazing as BOOTY3000!

[​IMG]

19. Untouchable Ace likes this.