Plug.dj | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plug.dj

Discussion in 'The Internet' started by Big Bang, Mar 29, 2012.

1. http://www.plug.dj/

This could probably use its own thread. The post on the front page pretty much sums it up! Basically you play music videos with other people, taking it in turns. Sign up with Google/Facebook/Twitter.

Post your rooms and discuss!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  2. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

3. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

4. I love this.

5. I spent about 6 hours in there today. Had to remove myself.

Mind I'm probably gonna go back to escape the voices in my head.

6. This is incredibly fun.

7. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I vaguely recall doing a similar thing on Turntable.fm but how about planning some themed night/hour? I mean, we could make different rooms for everything, but we could also say: 90's party, tomorrow at 7pm!

8. I love this, so much fun!

9. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

The Emporium is officially open.

10. Meh record labels are no fun! Stupid blocked videos!

11. This is so much fun, I'm totally addicted.

12. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

I can see the fun being sucked out by people's egos and aspiration for popularity.

13. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

God, whatever is going on right now without anyone to moderate rather sucks.

14. Agreed.

This is so much fun, except when there are too many administrators around talking nonsense.

15. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

It's gone really laggy. Everything keeps freezing.

16. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I loved the one who claimed they weren't inspired by or related to turntable.fm and they just came up with this themselves 'because they like videos and they like sharing them'.

17. This is so much better than Turntable.fm though. You weren't able to play Sarah's bum note in that one.

18. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Haha true.
    But the whole system including the suits and all is waaaay too similar to just be somebody's own original idea.

19. RJF

RJF

It needs to run itself a bit better. It can't have moderation around the clock, and the fact that five people can essentially stay on the booth indefinitely is a massive flaw. The Mehs and the Woots should actually decide a DJ's fate. If they keep their approval above a certain threshold, they stay on, and if they don't, they go to the back of the queue and start over. I like the idea, but it really has a lot of kinks to iron out.