Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Charley, Sep 14, 2009.
Reviews are coming out now for USUM and they're...
IGN gave it a 9/10 and said 'There is much more postgame in Ultra, even compared to the already generous portion we got with Sun and Moon.'
Did they play either game?
It figures it'd get good reviews, if SM did too and this in an updated version of that. I know some people like to hate on SM but they are good games.
Sun and Moon hold an 87 on Metacritic, take the reviews with a pinch of salt. It's Pokémon, it's going to get great reviews regardless. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are largely the same - the story and cutscenes remain largely unchanged til the third island, the postgame is still minimal, there is no National dex again.
Anyway, new trailer is up:
Sun and Moon are great games, it’s just the complete lack of endgame content that killed it for me.
It’s easy to get over the novelty but the graphics are stunning and the music is amazing too.
They probably gave up before they reached the post-game and had to pull a comment out of their asses.
Sun and Moon are fucking terrible.
I smell... pokéyola.
Yeah thats ridiculous. But its not surprising really. Pokemon always gets stellar reviews (specially ever since its on 3DS). The lowest score ORAS got was 7.8 and mainly because the reviewer thought there's too much water routes in the region
So strange that it's getting decent reviews, I'm convinced that at this point they would really need to lose the plot to actually tank a Pokemon game. The formula and franchise has become far bigger then the actual games themselves, and have consistently printed money since the very beginning. Unfortunately, this hurts long time fans the most, because they really do not cater to us as a result.
Anyway, I got gifted ultra moon and my friend will play ultra sun, so I guess at least I don't have to buy these?
At this point I feel confident saying that if you disliked Sun and Moon you will dislike Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. There haven't been any attempts to fix the complaints and instead they've chosen to add content to the existing framework. It really is more of the same. If you liked the games, you'll like the Ultra versions. If you're hoping for overhauls, you'll be disappointed.
I just beat the Elite4 and I liked the game, but this is what the first version should've been and not the demo they sold us. I would definitely not pay for it, if you have the possibility of playing it in Citra/Hacked 3Ds. (I use both and it's literally like playing it in a Switch).
- It's harder than Sun and Moon, and they were already kinda hard in parts. I was underleveled most of the time even with the exp. share on. More competitive moves and stats
- I found the first half of the game super boring and tedious since is exactly the same game as SM.
- The second half is more dynamic and has most of the changes, BUT, the old story was more dramatic and "shocking".
- Ultra Squad is just lazily added in some old Aether cutscenes.
- The totem pokémon changes were easier for me.
- Mina's trial is actually the best trial of the game, they should've made the later trials of the game (electric/ghost) follow the same pattern and made them harder and longer like this new one.
- Ultra Necrozma is probably one of the hardest legendary battles ever, if you're not prepared with a priority move based team. The OST for the battle is also amazing.
- Seeing how Hau is always walking around with his starter is frustating since they could have easily implemented that in the game.
- Mantine Surf and Ultra Warp Ride are cool (I haven't used the latter much) . I like how you actually use Mantine Surf to go from Mele Mele to Akala.
- They literally just switched Zygarde cells with Totem Stickers wich is kinda weird since there are stickers in rocks, grass, etc I think the former made more sense but this is just nitpicking. They could've added both though.
I really hope they venture a bit out of their comfort zone for the Switch entry.
I'm only a casual player of the games and while they're fine....I think I would REALLY love them if they would find a way to incorporate the feeling of chasing adventure that Zelda did so well in BOTW.
I like how it doesn't show the new form. As if the trailer is so exciting that merely teasing it is enough.
Speaking of next gen,have I shared this before/have you seen it?
There's tons of stuff I don't like, like the real time battling, but I think it looks gorgeous.
I just bought Ultra Sun from my street date breaking place WHAT KIND OF STOCKHOLM SYNDROME FFFFFF.
The last Pokemon game I bought was X and... I'm happy
There's a copy of Sun sitting around my house but I can't bring myself to play it.
USUM are far better games than XY to be honest.
Separate names with a comma.