Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2016 (WINNER REVEALED!!) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2016 (WINNER REVEALED!!)

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by stevo_1988, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Only 6 out of 10 qualifiers tonight guys.

So with just over 24 hrs to go in our vote I've still only received 6 sets of points (we had 17 for the semis I think) so please do cast your vote before it's too late!! So far I've got votes from:

WowWowWowWow
    Million_Lights
    popnark2
    phily693
    Sweet Music
    Pecans

If people are having issue with the deadline I'm happy to extend it until Saturday afternoon - just let me know.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
    A&E likes this.
  2. I might need an extension...

3. Voted! Many thanks @stevo_1988 for planning this rate!

4. Just in case anyone does need it I am extending the voting deadline until Saturday 14th May at 12:00 UK Time

Thanks to everyone who's submitted since last night.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
    constantino and WowWowWowWow like this.
  5. Sorry. Almost forgot. Let me make a list now.

6. 2014

2014 Moderator

I'm doing it now!

7. Hey Guys - thanks to all that voted, the voting has now closed and your champion has been chosen. While I tot up all the final scores and put together the results in readable form, why not dwell over the past years' top 3 Popjustice winners (thanks to WowWowWowWow who did most of the legwork finding these out a couple of years back)

1. Ruslana - "Wild Dances" (Ukraine)
    2. Lena Philipsson - "It Hurts" (Sweden)
    3. Sakis Rouvas - "Shake It" (Greece)

1. Javine - "Touch My Fire" (UK)
    2. Vanilla Ninja - "Cool Vibes" (Switzerland)
    3. Femminem - "Call Me" (Bosnia/Herzegovina)

1. Anzej Dezan - "Mr Nobody" (Slovenia)
    2. Kate Ryan - "Je T'adore" (Belgium)
    3. Silvia Night - "Congratulations" (Iceland)

1. Olivia Lewis - "Vertigo" (Malta)
    2. Koldun - "Work Your Magic" (Belarus)
    3. The Ark - "The Worrying Kind" (Sweden)

2008 (No actual voting this year, but these were mentioned the most in a "who are your favourites" thread.)
    1. Charlotte Perelli - "Hero" (Sweden)
    2. Maria - "Hold On Be Strong" (Norway)
    3. Ani Lorak - "Shady Lady" (Ukraine)

1. Soraya - "La Noche Es Para Mi" (Spain)
    2. Malena Ernman - "La Voix" (Sweden)
    3. Hadise - "Dum Tek Tek" (Turkey)

1. Chanee & Thomas N'evergreen - "In A Moment Like This" (Denmark)
    2. Safura - "Drip Drop" (Azerbaijan)
    3. Hera Björk - "Je Ne Sais Quoi" (Iceland)

1. Stella Mwangi - "Haba Haba" (Norway)
    2. Eric Saade - "Popular" (Sweden)
    3. Blue - "I Can" (United Kingdom)

1. Loreen - "Euphoria" (Sweden)
    2. Ivi Adamou - "La La Love" (Cyprus)
    3. Tooji - "Stay" (Norway)

1. Margaret Berger - "I Feed You My Love" (Norway)
    2. Anouk - "Birds" (The Netherlands)
    3. Cascada - "Glorious" (Germany)

1. Sanna Nilsen - "Undo" (Sweden)
    2. The Common Linnets - "Calm After the Storm" (Netherlands)
    3. Conchita Wurst - "Rise Like a Phoneix" (Austria)

1. Loic Notett - "Rhythm Inside" (Belgium)
    2. Mans Zelmerlow - "Heroes" (Sweden)
    3. Elina Born & Stig Rasta - "Goodbye To Yesterday" (Estonia)

8. Wait how was Helena Paparizou not even top three in 2005?! What kind of flop posters did this site have back then??

Yes @ the Ivi recognition though.

WhenTheSunGoesDown, phily693 and Mvnl like this.
  9. Okie dokie here we go with the results. First of all let's look at how we got our finalists:

Please note - all ties in any of the results are broken by using official Eurovision rules - so first by looking at how many juries actually voted for a country, and if that is tied seeing who got the most 12's then the most 10's etc. until there is a winner.

Semi-Final 1

[​IMG]

As you can see here Russia were the clear winner here with a 19 point lead. No trouble at the bottom end of qualifying as 10th placed Czech Republic were 17 points clear of Armenia who were 11th. Happily (or bizarrely depending on your view) every country scored some points!

Semi-Final 2

[​IMG]

Again a clear winner of this semi with Bulgaria leading the pack with an impressive 28 point lead over Australia. Things were a bit tighter down at the bottom end of the table with 10th Placed Ireland only managing a margin of 4 points to qualify for the final over 11th placed Serbia. Again no country received the dreaded 'Nul Points'

In both Semi Finals the winner received the most amount of 12 points, Russia with 5 and Bulgaria with 4. Interestingly in Semi 2 all of the 12 points went to the eventual qualifiers, whereas in Semi 1 4 countries received the a jury's top mark but sadly did not advance to the Final (Armenia, Hungary, Netherlands & San Marino)

Only 1 entry throughout the entire Semi Final process managed to get marks from every jury, 1st Placed Bulgaria in Semi 2.

So that was how we got to our Final, shall we see what the final results were?

2014, A&E, constantino and 2 others like this.
  10. So thanks to my Thursday night plea we managed to get 15 juries in for the Final vote which is amazing thank you so much everyone! :) Did the inclusion of the 6 automatic qualifiers shake things up? Or was this Poli or Sergey's contest to lose?

For those of you who love a traditional Eurovision Scoreboard reveal watch the drama unfold here http://tummiweb.com/scorewiz/scoreboard/view/152293/popjustice-12-points-eurovision-2016---final.
    I've tried to do what they do in Eurovision and mix up the results to it creates a bit of drama as it goes along, hope you like!

Or if you can't wait to find out the results scroll down my friends...

I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    V

[​IMG]

Your Popjustice Champion for 2016 is Dami Im from Australia!!!! Congratulations Dami

[​IMG]

So in a strange twist of fate even though not having won her Semi outright Dami clambered her way past the competition and claimed the crown with a 27 point lead.

However, in an even bigger anomaly Dami managed to win without picking up a single top score from any jury. The most number of 12 points was actually shared between France (4th) and Ukraine (7th) who each bagged 3 top scores each.

A complete shake up from the Semi Final results, as both Semi winners lost footing to other contenders in their respective Semis. Sergey from Russia fell foul to the power of Ira Losco from Malta and she took home Silver while he ended up in 5th place. Poli from Bulgaria's resounding win in Semi 2 wasn't seemingly enough to get her the gold from Dami and she had to settle for the Bronze eventually (based on official Eurovision Tie-Breaker rules)

Biggest loser from Semi to Final was probably Azerbaijan who were in a comfortable 2nd place in Semi 1, but in the final was beaten by fellow Semi qualifiers Malta, Austria & Cyprus into an eventual 10th place.

Jamala from Ukraine was probably the biggest winner from Semi to Final and she placed 7th in her Semi, but placing 7th again in the final beating out Switzerland, Latvia & Norway who all qualified above her.

The highest placed non-qualifier who isn't in tonight's proper Grand Final was 11th placed Norway.

So there we go for another year, hope you all enjoyed, I'm going off to have a lie down before I get too excited (read Drunk) this evening!

HAPPY EUROVISION DAY EVERYONE!

11. LOL @ The Netherlands not even being mentioned in those results.

WhenTheSunGoesDown likes this.
  12. stevo_1988 and TheChoirgirlHotel like this.
  13. A&E

A&E

Thanks @stevo_1988 for organising the vote! I'm quite happy with the results, and I don't know about others but Dami definitely went up in my ranking after the semi performance, she's a brilliant vocalist (and that might explain the difference in placement between our semis and final!).

14. Thanks for doing this @stevo_1988

The Top 3 were far and away my 3 favourites so this was an accurate representation for me.

Also, mess at the total lack of Helena Paparizou in 2005 and the fact that Ani Lorak didn't win in 2008. What the actual fuck PJ?

ItTakesAMuscle and constantino like this.
  15. Not a favourite with anyone but Australia still won! Does this make Dami Im the Jamala of Popjustice?

16. Ah, back when people still sent in fun songs instead of an endless onslaught of ballads. I should vote in this next year!

ItTakesAMuscle likes this.
  17. You should do this again this year.

18. Oh I plan too :)