Popjustice 12 Points Eurovision 2017 (WINNER REVEALED!!) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popjustice 12 Points Eurovision 2017 (WINNER REVEALED!!)

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by stevo_1988, Apr 28, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

Greetings fellow Popjustice Eurovision Enthusiasts! Welcome to your favourite time of the year, and the 2017 edition of the Popjustice 12 Points Eurovision vote.

Last Year, Australia's Dami Im took home the trophy (despite not picking up a single 'Douze Points'), while divisive real contest winner Jamala from Ukraine ended our poll in 7th place. What will 2017 bring!!?!?!

Voting for the Semi Finals is now open and closes on Friday 5th May at 11:59pm UK time with results hopefully published on Saturday 6th May.

Once we have our Popjustice Finalists on that Saturday Voting for the Grand Final will begin and will close on Saturday 13th May 12:00pm UK time with results hopefully published before the actual final on TV.

As ever voting is done through Private Message to me and you vote in the usual Eurovision way awarding your favourite song 12 Points, second favourite 10 points, and so on with 8 points down to 1 point. Remember: send me 2 sets of votes for each semi-final. If you so wish, you are allowed to vote for your own country.

Semi-Final 1

Eligible: Sweden, Georgia, Australia, Albania, Belgium, Montenegro, Finland, Azerbaijan, Portugal, Greece, Poland, Moldova, Iceland, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Armenia, Slovenia and Latvia.

Semi-Final 2

Eligible: Serbia, Austria, FYR Macedonia, Malta, Romania, Netherlands, Hungary, Denmark, Ireland, San Marino, Croatia, Norway, Switzerland, Belarus, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Estonia and Israel.

PLEASE NOTE - As with Eurovision proper, I have not included Russia since they are now no longer taking part.

Happy voting everyone, and may the best song win!

2. YESSSSSSS!

Trying to come up with 10 countries to give points to in the 2nd semi final though...

[​IMG]

Island, Squashua, phily693 and 3 others like this.
  3. DDD I actually prefer semi final 2...

[​IMG]

4. I am SO excited for this!!! Thanks so much @stevo_1988 for hosting again!

5. I'm in.

6. I made playlists for each semi final which might be useful for this.

Semi Final 1

Semi Final 2

Squashua likes this.
  7. There's still a couple of days left to get your Semi Final votes in! So far I've received 6 sets of points and things are very tight at the top, and at the qualifying threshold - don't let your favourite through the net!

I should have also mentioned, that anyone can vote, so if there are any newbies here that would like to partake, then please do! It's not just for regulars.

Happy voting...

8. All done, my god that second semi final was a tough one - so much dirge.

9. Urgh I know!

ladylloyd and xondus like this.
  10. Just over 24hrs left to vote for your semi finalists and things couldn't be closer. One semi currently has a tie for 10th place (how very 2012 of us) and both leaders of each semi only have a margin of 1 or 2 points!!! So it's still all to play for - could your vote be the one to change everything?!?

Thanks to all who have voted so far :-)

11. First thing tomorrow this is my priority - I'm ready to shake up those ties & close-runs (hopefully for the better).

12. Thanks to everyone who voted, the voting for the semi finals has now closed, and we have our qualifiers! Here are the results after we had 16 sets of votes...

**sound the shoddily made graphics klaxon**

[​IMG]

Voting for the Final is now open and will close next Saturday (13th May 2017) at 12:00pm, and I'll hopefully be able to get the results up ahead of the actual contest in the evening.

Eligible to vote: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Latvia, Moldova, Montenegro, Portugal, Sweden, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Hungary, Israel, Netherlands, Romania, Serbia and Switzerland.

Remember to only vote for countries that have made it through our own Semis, and not the real results that will come through next week.

If you didn't get a chance to vote in the semis but you'd like to vote in the final - then by all means send me your votes. Everyone is welcome :)

Popjustice - start - voting - NOW!

Happy Eurovision week one and all...

13. Armenia not qualifying AGAIN.

Y'all are so hateful.

[​IMG]

14. Armenia & Belarus not getting through, I mean...
    [​IMG]

londonrain, Island, phily693 and 2 others like this.
  15. Iceland and Estonia tho

[​IMG]

16. Poland missing is my biggest issue.

And thought I am Dutch myself the Netherlands have no right to be part of the winning 10.

phily693 likes this.
  17. Well at least Iceland has qualified for something...

*runs*

18. Australia NOT qualifying tho

Let's hope it's an accurate reflection.

19. [​IMG]