Popjustice 12 Points Eurovision 2017 (WINNER REVEALED!!) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popjustice 12 Points Eurovision 2017 (WINNER REVEALED!!)

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by stevo_1988, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Tea too hot for you, sis?

[​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

Island, WowWowWowWow and constantino like this.
  3. Occidentali's Karma
    [​IMG]

ItTakesAMuscle likes this.
  4. Only 6 out 10 qualifier tonight guys. Which just goes to show how wrong Europe got it...

Still time left to write the wrongs and vote for you winner in our poll

Sprockrooster likes this.
  5. NOT when y'all didn't shortlist Armenia i.e. the best performance of the semi!

6. Voted!

(To be fair to all the entries, I went on the basis of the studio versions, so I take no responsibility for any votes that went to someone who sounded horrendous at the actual performance.)

7. You voted for Blanche didnot you?

I am most likely to despite the performance

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    ItTakesAMuscle and Empty Shoebox like this.
  8. I voted based on the song itself because we won't be able to compare the overall packages (inc. staging) until Saturday night.

londonrain likes this.
  9. I didn't watch the semifinal so I have no idea how my faves did.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  10. 6 out of 10 again tonight gang, meaning we only agree with the rest of Europe on 60% of real finalists. There's still time to unite and deliver pop justice to your favourite entry in our poll.

Thanks to all who have voted so far (I've had 11 sets in) but just gonna name check couple of people to check if they're planning on voting, just in case they forgot...

@phily693 @Empty Shoebox @Pecans @xondus @jruk2007 @Sprockrooster @Squashua @Markus1981

But anyone is welcome to come and join the fun :-)

11. Hey boo I think there is some silly rule that only the first five tags in a thread actually go through (madness) so let's shout out again to @Sprockrooster @Squashua @Markus1981

Squashua and stevo_1988 like this.
  12. You're a doll! Thanks x

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  13. Final call for any voters. You have a little over 12 hours left to vote - as things currently stand 1st and 2nd place are separated by only 7 points! There's also a real scrap for bronze happening too.

Save your fave!

14. Voting has now closed! I and I can tell you it was a nail biter...thanks to everyone who voted.

I'm going to frantically put together some tacky graphics of tables etc. as whilst i'm having fun with Microsoft Paint - why don't we do our yearly tradition of looking at PJ 12 Points Medal Winners of Years gone by. (Thanks as ever to WowWowWowWow who did most of the legwork finding these out a couple of years back)

1. Ruslana - "Wild Dances" (Ukraine)
    2. Lena Philipsson - "It Hurts" (Sweden)
    3. Sakis Rouvas - "Shake It" (Greece)

1. Javine - "Touch My Fire" (UK)
    2. Vanilla Ninja - "Cool Vibes" (Switzerland)
    3. Femminem - "Call Me" (Bosnia/Herzegovina)

1. Anzej Dezan - "Mr Nobody" (Slovenia)
    2. Kate Ryan - "Je T'adore" (Belgium)
    3. Silvia Night - "Congratulations" (Iceland)

1. Olivia Lewis - "Vertigo" (Malta)
    2. Koldun - "Work Your Magic" (Belarus)
    3. The Ark - "The Worrying Kind" (Sweden)

2008 (No actual voting this year, but these were mentioned the most in a "who are your favourites" thread.)
    1. Charlotte Perelli - "Hero" (Sweden)
    2. Maria - "Hold On Be Strong" (Norway)
    3. Ani Lorak - "Shady Lady" (Ukraine)

1. Soraya - "La Noche Es Para Mi" (Spain)
    2. Malena Ernman - "La Voix" (Sweden)
    3. Hadise - "Dum Tek Tek" (Turkey)

1. Chanee & Thomas N'evergreen - "In A Moment Like This" (Denmark)
    2. Safura - "Drip Drop" (Azerbaijan)
    3. Hera Björk - "Je Ne Sais Quoi" (Iceland)

1. Stella Mwangi - "Haba Haba" (Norway)
    2. Eric Saade - "Popular" (Sweden)
    3. Blue - "I Can" (United Kingdom)

1. Loreen - "Euphoria" (Sweden)
    2. Ivi Adamou - "La La Love" (Cyprus)
    3. Tooji - "Stay" (Norway)

1. Margaret Berger - "I Feed You My Love" (Norway)
    2. Anouk - "Birds" (The Netherlands)
    3. Cascada - "Glorious" (Germany)

1. Sanna Nilsen - "Undo" (Sweden)
    2. The Common Linnets - "Calm After the Storm" (Netherlands)
    3. Conchita Wurst - "Rise Like a Phoneix" (Austria)

1. Loic Notett - "Rhythm Inside" (Belgium)
    2. Mans Zelmerlow - "Heroes" (Sweden)
    3. Elina Born & Stig Rasta - "Goodbye To Yesterday" (Estonia)

1. Dami Im - "Sound of Silence" (Australia)
    2. Ira Losco - "Walk on Water" (Malta)
    3. Poli Genova - "If Love Was a Crime" (Bulgaria)

15. Fuck me, 2012 and 2016 had amazing Top 3s, well done everyone!

However, Javine coming top in 2005... Clearly this was before PJ acquired taste. Also, where the fuck is Helena Paparizou in that Top 3?

And I'm glad Wild Dances won in 2004, that truly is one of the best winners in the actual contest, and it's essentially a gimmick entry and relies heavily on it and its breakdown. Still fabulous in 2017 though!

WowWowWowWow and londonrain like this.
  16. Rhythm Inside is still one of my favourite Eurovision songs ever. What a song.

17. Helena Paparizou completely absent in 2005 is bizarre. The 2010 top three is amazing, In a Moment Like This still goes off.

JakeMagnus, phily693 and constantino like this.
  18. This. Touch My Fire was a desperate attempt to immediate the signature style of Greece, Turkey and Azerbaijan and she deservedly flopped.

phily693 likes this.
  19. Ok gang here we go with results. Please note than it all tables/results I have broken ties using official Eurovision rules - so how many jurors voted for it in the first instance, and then by number of 12s, 10s etc. until the tie is broken.

First of all let's see how we got to our finalists:

Semi Final 1

[​IMG][​IMG]

Belgium just edging out Sweden to take the crown in this first semi, but it was quite close between the entire top 4! Down at the other end of the qualifying table Armenia just missed out by 3 points! Unsurprisingly Slovenia received 0 points.

Semi Final 2

[​IMG]

Estonia the clear winners in this semi beating out FYR Macedonia by 13 points, Israel in 3rd Place some 27 points behind. Down at the qualifying end, Belarus missing out on place in our final by just 1 point - with the Netherlands taking the lost spot only just. Croatia is the only country in this semi to receive 0 points.

As you would expect the winner of Semi 2 received the most number of 12 points (Estonia with 6), but rather surprisingly, 4th placed Iceland from Semi 1 received the most number of 12 points there (with 5). Eventual Semi winner Belgium only picked up 4, 2nd place Sweden picked up 3, and 3rd Place Azerbaijan didn't pick up a single set! In both semi finals at least one country that didn't qualify got a set of 12 points. In semi 1 this was Australia, and in Semi 2, this was Belarus and Malta.

In terms of gaining points from all juries no one managed it in Semi 1, but both Estonia and FYR Macedonia managed this feat in Semi 2.

So that's how we got to our finalists, but who has taken the crown from Dami - let's find out...

[​IMG]

20. So for those of you who love a traditional Eurovision Scoreboard Reveal you can find so here: http://tummiweb.com/scorewiz/scoreboard/view/180766/popjustice-12-points-eurovision-2017---final

Or if you simply can't wait anymore, and don'y want to be put through the agony of an animated scored board, get scrolling...

I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    V

[​IMG]

Your Popjustice 12 Points Winner for 2017 is Francesco Gabbani from Italy! Congratulations Francesco :)

[​IMG]

So depsite strong showings from our Semi Final qualifers, it wasn't quite enough to topple the mighty Italian and his dancing gorilla, but it really was a race to the finish line, with Estonia falling at the last vote.

Italy won the final by gaining the most amount of 12 points from the juries with 4 - but that just goes to show how spread out everyone's votes were this year. Not one country got points from every jury in the final.

Semi Final 2 winner Estonia take home a well deserved silver after a hearty battle for the top prize.

Portugal snag the bronze away from Iceand and Azerbaijan, despite only picking up points from 7 juries (that's less than half of the juries that voted!)

In a spectacular fall from grace Semi Final 1 winner Belgium only ended up in 10th place in the Final voting, with fellow qualifiers Portugal, Iceland, Azerbaijan and Sweden all ranking above her.

Biggest winner from Semi to Final was probably Portugal again as they only qualified 9th from their semi (and on the last couple of votes at that) but stormed to 3rd place in the Final vote. Special mention to The Netherlands too, as only just qualifying by 1 point in their semi, but ended up 11th, ranking above 6 of their qualifying buddies (FYR Macedonia, Switzerland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Serbia)

Hope you all had fun guys, that's it for another year. Let's watch the real thing tonight and see if the PJ massive were prophetic.

HAPPY EUROVISION DAY ONE AND ALL :)