Popjustice 12 Points Eurovision 2018 (WINNER REVEALED!) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popjustice 12 Points Eurovision 2018 (WINNER REVEALED!)

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by stevo_1988, Apr 21, 2018.

1. I know I say it every year but My Number One not even featuring in the Top 3 in 2005 should have been reason enough to ban everyone in the subforum. I quite liked Touch My Fire but best song that year? Otherwise 2nd and 3rd place were very PJ friendly.

I will say (@WowWowWowWow is triggered) that it’s amazing how long this tradition on PJ has been going on for. Recognising quality pop in Eurovision for nearly 15 years!

2. What went wrong in 2017??!!

[​IMG]

Francesco and Salvador??? Where is Blanche, Svala or Artsvik?? Did the straights took over the forum that period?

3. Ok gang here we go with results. Please note than it all tables/results I have broken ties using official Eurovision rules - so how many jurors voted for it in the first instance, and then by number of 12s, 10s etc. until the tie is broken.

First of all let's see how we got to our finalists:

Semi Final 1

[​IMG]

Cyprus winning this semi very easily :) Switzerland and Austria just missing out on qualification by 10 points. Iceland got 0 points...

Semi Final 2

[​IMG]

Australia taking a clear victory in this semi! Hungary missing the final by 11 points. 0 points for Montengero here

Unsurprisingly both winners of each semi finals received the most number of 12 points, Cyprus got 6 and Australia got 7. In both semi finals at least one country that didn't qualify got a set of 12 points. In semi 1 this was Lithuania, and in Semi 2, this was Hungary.

In terms of gaining points from all juries no one managed it in Semi 2, but both for the 2nd year running FYR Macedonia managed this feat in Semi 1.

So that's how we got to our finalists, but who has taken the crown from Francessco - let's find out...

4. So for those of you who love a traditional Eurovision Scoreboard Reveal you can find so here:
    https://scorewiz.eu/scoreboard/view/215965/popjustice-12-points-eurovision-2018

Or if you simply can't wait anymore, and don'y want to be put through the agony of an animated scored board, get scrolling...

I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    V

[​IMG]

Your Popjustice 12 Points Winner for 2018 is Eleni Foureira from Cyprus! Congratulations Eleni :)

[​IMG]

HAPPY EUROVISION DAY ONE AND ALL!

popknark2, Kuhleezi, A&E and 8 others like this.
  5. Holy crap look at all those 12s! The difference between the Semi 1 votes and the final is quite telling, she really convinced us to vote for her! Also, queen of getting points from every voter!

A very good Top 3 though so well done all! Have we ever had a tie in the Top 3 before?

Spain and Germany getting nul points:
    [​IMG]

A big thank you to @stevo_1988 for running this rate again this year!

Sprockrooster, Kuhleezi, A&E and 6 others like this.
  6. YES! Is number 3 a tie between France and Australia? Or does it go to go to France because of the most 10s?

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  7. Actually goes to Australia due to official Eurovision coutback rules - more juries voted for Jess than Madame Monsieur so she gets the bronze

8. Hoping it’s this much of a landslide tonight!! Thanks @stevo_1988 !!

stevo_1988, londonrain and phily693 like this.
  9. Little Fueggots definitely showed up for the fake vote, here's to us! But we need the audience to show up tonight as well

Thanks @stevo_1988 for putting this together!

10. Thank you, @stevo_1988! Let’s hope we get the same top three tonight...

WowWowWowWow, stevo_1988 and phily693 like this.
  11. Great results! Almost all the songs I voted for are in the top 10 and my preferred winner actually won. Thanks @stevo_1988 for arranging this.

To be fair to the PJ:ers of the time, there wasn't a proper PJ 12 Points until @Charley steered things up in the late '00s. I don't remember how we did it in 2005 because it would vary from year to year, but the most bizarre voting system must've been back in 2006 where we'd had this 'Eurovision Big Brother' thing where we'd vote for the worst song to leave every other day until Anzej Dezan was left as the winner.

12. Me watching @WowWowWowWow getting the credit for all my hard work

[​IMG]

13. popknark2 likes this.
  14. OK as much as I love doing the voting in Eurovision fashion, I high-key la la love the idea of doing it some other bizarro way. I’ve never been to the £20 Music Prize event but that sounds ridiculous and amazing too (the only one I remember is that people who went on a smoke break picked the next elimination).

Porque no los dos? I am very happy to rate Eurovision anytime.

popknark2 and Empty Shoebox like this.
  15. [​IMG]
    When's Eurovision Asia? Will we do it for that?

16. I see I was the only person to give Belgium 12 in either round. Taste!

17. I switched my 12 for her last minute with my 10.

I really didn't need those background blow up viking props + flags in her staging :(

londonrain likes this.