Popjustice Melodifestivalen Favourites Rate - Submissions Open | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popjustice Melodifestivalen Favourites Rate - Submissions Open

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Empty Shoebox, Feb 5, 2018.

1. So, Melodifestivalen 2018 is upon us!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

But wait, some of the eagle-eyed among you have been pouring over the details of Melfest 2018 and have uncovered a horrifying truth
    It's shit. The songlist, the presenter, the colour scheme, everything. All gone to shit.

So, what do we do now? And why have I started this thread?
    Well, I think that we should remember the good times, when we were On Top of the World, feeling Euphoria, cheering for a Hero, rather than facing our Waterloo. How are we going to do that? We're going to have a rate of everyone's favourite songs of Melodifestivalen, Melodifest, Svensk Sångfinal, Eurovisionachlagern and even Säg det med musik: Stora Schlagertävlingen, if we really want to. So, without further waffling, roll the titles!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And if you think that looks dated, check these out:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Okay, so what is going to happen is that you are going to send me songs, I am going to group those songs into four semi-finals, then we are going to rank them using a points system to determine which songs will go through to the final, which will enter Andra Chansen, and which will be swept into the bin with 'Ingenting Ingenting' (Lowest number of televotes in Melfest history? 2,360 in 2002? anyone? No? okay then).

Once we get to the final, you are going to rate each song from 0 to 10, with one song being allowed a score greater than 10, as long as it does not exceed 11. One thing to bear in mind is that where possible, we will be using the Melfest performances, so if a song you like sounded a little bit dodgy live, or is perhaps better known in another language, please bear that in mind.

Frequently asked questions:
    1. What exactly do I need to submit to get a song in here?
    You need to send me (via a 'Conversation' on here) a ballot with no more than eight songs for each semi final, and no more than twelve songs for the final. Here's one for you to copy, paste and fill in:
    Semi-Final One:

Semi-Final Two:

Semi-Final Three:

Semi-Final Four:

Final:

2. How do I know which song goes where?
    The songs will be placed in semi finals in this rate, based on the original semi-finals they were placed into at Melfest. However, I may need to juggle them around based on how many are nominated for each semi.

3. What about the final? What do I put there?
    I was coming to that. Don't interrupt me. Songs from before 2002 will be allowed directly into the final as there is no semi to place them in.

4. What happens if I submit the same song as someone else?
    Of course I will allow the song, but I will grant both submitters an extra selection.

5. Why have you chosen those numbers for the submission limits?
    Eight is the largest size of semi-final in Melfest history (2002 - 2014) and 12 is the largest size of final in Melfest history (2015-2018).

6. Can I submit any song? Even Melfest 2018 songs? Even Frans?
    Yes. Yes you can, but bear in mind that I will be naming and shaming the submitters of songs.

7. What about songs that didn't reach the semi finals and were knocked out in the heats?
    Yeah sure, send them. I'll try and allocate a semi based on their heat number. I will probably require you to provide a listening link though. If your song didn't make it to an official Melfest programme, such as Alcazar's mystery 2018 song, that's not allowed. Sorry.

8. What if a song was disqualified?
    Yes, provided it was allocated a semi or a heat.

9. Lilla Melodifestivalen?
    Yeah, go on. Knock yourself out.

10. Do I need to nominate that many songs?
    No, of course not. If there's only one or two songs you want to put forward, feel free.

11. Can I change my submissions after sending them?
    You can add songs, but you are not allowed to remove songs, so think twice about Livet på en pinne.

12. What's my deadline for submitting?
    The deadline for submitting is 2018-03-09, at midnight GMT. This will give you time to vote in @Charley's 12 points competition as well as to include all the Melfest 2018 entries. Bear in mind I will be in Malmö from 2018-02-15 - 2018-02-19 so I will be slow to respond to messages then.

That all sorted? Right, let's start. Submissions are open now.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  2. Saved for song list
    [​IMG]

phily693, A&E, WowWowWowWow and 2 others like this.
  3. Saved for participant list
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  4. Saved for results
    [​IMG]

A&E, WowWowWowWow and constantino like this.
  5. Saved for general shade final results.
    [​IMG]

A&E, WowWowWowWow and constantino like this.
  6. I’m sorry to say, I’m confused (but I didn’t sleep much last night so let’s blame that).
    You would like us to send 44 songs total?
    Or are my 12 final songs from my list of 32?
    And do they have to line up with the semi they were in (e.g. I can only put Euphoria in my semi 1 list)?

7. You can send a maximum of 44 songs. If you can't think of that many, then that's fine, send them in anyway.
    Yes, they need to line up with their semis, if they are songs entered from 2002 or later.
    The songs you put under the final are the songs from 2001 or before, which I can't really assign to a semi.

So, yes. You can only enter Euphoria under semi 1. If you wanted to submit 'Love Love Love' you would have to do that under semi 4. If you wanted Piccadilly Circus by Pernilla Wahlgren, you'd enter that under the final.

Hope that helps.

KamikazeHeart and WowWowWowWow like this.
  8. A&E

A&E

[​IMG]

Here for this! Got a few faves in mind already.

9. Mystery solved!

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  10. So, after one week, I've had one full ballot. Well done that person. Currently there are 45 songs in the spreadsheet.
    Still plenty of time to get your own nominations in. Will anyone submit Margaret?

I haven't even done my own yet. I promise I'm not just abusing host's privilege and waiting till the last second.

WowWowWowWow and A&E like this.
  11. I get simply nothing.
    It would be better if everyone picked up a Mello-song and create our Mell-topia I think.

12. Working hard on it!
    Even re-watching all of the Melfesten, 'cause I'm professional like that.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    A&E and Empty Shoebox like this.
  13. If you only want to enter one song, that's fine.