Popjustice Song Contest 60/LX: II Heart PJSC (Five Years of PJSC Edition) - Vote by Nov 25! | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popjustice Song Contest 60/LX: II Heart PJSC (Five Years of PJSC Edition) - Vote by Nov 25!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by iheartpoptarts, Oct 31, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

Once upon a time, about eighteen rounds before I got here, our long-lost founder @StratusJM decided we should give this song contest thing a shot, and the PJSC as we know it was born.

…Well, kind of. It was a different era. The PJSC, the PJOPS, and the PJ00s were basically one, there were no complaints when Serebro passed veto, Aura was still Aura Dione, Invader Girl was Cinnamon Girl, and @Jonathan27 was our @DJHazey.

But some things never change. @imaduck won because obvs, in a fierce battle with @popknark2 because obvs, with a Swedish ex-girl group member because Popjustice.

And we did it again. And again. And here we are now, about to wrap up five years of PJSC... I’m assuming, at least, because it’s PJSC 60 and 60 = 5 x 12. So let’s CELEBRATE!

THE RULES

If you’re new, go read them. They’ll tell you how to enter the contest without getting vetoed, and how to vote on the songs. And welcome! You’ll love this, I promise.

THE DATES

Submission: Tuesday October 31 – Monday November 6 at 11:59 PM GMT
    Voting: Tuesday November 7 – Saturday November 25
    Results: Sunday November 26

THE ENTRY FORM

HERE!

(Thanks to @imaduck!)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    slaybellz, Zar-Unity, haps and 9 others like this.
  2. THE FUN STUFF

We could save all the fun and games for results day, and in the meantime we could have dead silence interrupted by the usual “My song is amazing” and “Noooooo, I’ve been vetoed” and “Damn whoever got my fave before me”... or, you know, we could just get started now.

(Besides, I’ve got something even more fun in mind for the reveal, which I’ll tell you all about once the song list is up. Excited?)

So. Whether it’s been five years of PJSC for you or you literally just got here, I’m sure we all have stories. Let’s remember this contest and everything it means to us in all its craziness. Right here, right now, in this thread, no forms, no PMs.

To get us going, without further ado, inspired by all of y’all on your phones watching the leaderboard at weddings and laughing at me doing the same in fitting rooms…

#1) What’s the most ridiculous place you’ve ever been for a PJSC reveal—and still checked for the results?

Do tell. Tell me now. Send in those entries and then I want you back here with your stories. I’m expecting some good ones!

(And no, we’re not stopping with this question. There’ll be more!)

The rest:

#2) Which PJSC acts have you seen live? Bonus points if you've met any.
    #3) Post your fave troll entries from PJSCs past. The crazier, the better!
    #4) That one PJSC flop of yours that you don't understand—what is it?
    #5) Who keeps getting your points time after time? And who do you keep getting points from?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017 at 5:38 AM
  3. THE SONGS

Hayley Kiyoko - Feelings
    Io Echo - Harm
    Lacey Sturm - Rot
    Jocelyn Alice - Jackpot
    Gryffin - Love in Ruins
    Samantha J. - Rockets
    Anine Stang - Badass Motherfucker
    Fijuka - Ca Ca CARAVAN
    Faky - Suga Sweet
    Elijah Blake - Technicolor
    Force Major - Glow In The Dark
    Sophie Elise - All Your Friends
    Versant - Heartbeats
    Whales & This Lake - Alphagirls & Alphaboys ☿
    Chelsea Jade - Life of the Party
    Greta Zazza - Like I Love You
    Secret Weapons - Comeback Season
    Rina Sawayama - Alterlife
    Tomas Barford - Busy Baby (feat. Nina K.)
    Monique Smit - Dans!
    Maraaya - Diamond Duck
    Ace Harper - Mouth Wide Open
    Evalyn - Ride Or Die
    Lauren Faith - Rush
    Ylva - This Ain't Love
    Lauren Carnahan - Criminal
    Skylar Stecker - How Did We (Cherry Cherry Boom Boom Shermer High Remix)
    Hive Riot - With My Body!
    Alvaro Soler - Animal
    Agnez Mo - Long As I Get Paid
    Ibibio Sound Machine - Give Me A Reason
    Simonne Jones - Runaways
    Hanne Hukkelberg - Raindrops
    St. Lucia - Help Me Run Away
    Benedicté - Turnt Up
    Angus & Julia Stone - Heart Beats Slow
    Arc North ft. Krista Marina - Meant To Be
    The Correspondents - Fear & Delight
    Celine Cairo - Quicksand
    FAUX - Take Back Time
    Fickle Friends - Glue
    Baths - Out
    Elsiane - Death Of The Artist
    ZOEgirl - You Get Me
    Anna Abreu - Come Undone

THE PLAYLIST

(Thanks to @Lost Boy! All songs are here, but make sure there's nothing missing in your particular territory - you should have 45 of them!)

THE VOTING FORM

HERE!

(The rules on how to vote are here, and the deadline is Saturday November 25 at 11:59 PM GMT!)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  4. THE BONUS ROUND

So how well do we all know each other after (up to) five years? Let’s play a little guessing game and find out!

1. This round, at any time before the close of voting, you have the opportunity to send me guesses as to who entered what.

2. Do this in a private message to me, not on the form you put your votes into. (The last thing I want is people delaying their votes for this!)

3. You can guess at as few or as many entries as you want. You can guess at none, you can guess at a bunch of them, or you can guess at the whole list. Your call.

4. Except you can’t guess at your own entry. Obvs.

5. For each correct guess, you win five (5) points.

6. But here’s the catch—for each incorrect guess, you lose one (1) point.

7. Whoever ends up with the highest point total wins the guessing game.

8. This is just a side game and doesn’t affect the point totals in the actual contest in any way. Obvs.

9. I don’t get to play because I know it all already. Obvs.

10. Here’s our list of entrants…

EXAMPLE

Using last round’s entries as an example, let’s say you decided to make the following guesses:

George Maple – Hero: @Lost Boy
    Cathedrals – Try to Fight: @Derek
    Serebro – My Money: @DJHazey

Then you’d score as follows:

George Maple – Hero: @Lost Boy (+5) (correct guess)
    Cathedrals – Try to Fight: @Derek (+5) (correct guess)
    Serebro – My Money: @DJHazey (-1) (incorrect guess)

And your final score would be 5 + 5 - 1 = 9. Got it?

Good luck, and happy guessing!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    londonrain and DJHazey like this.
  5. Swooped right in with my entry. TOTAL BANGER.

londonrain and iheartpoptarts like this.
  6. The first place that comes to mind is at the Fifth Harmony concert. (It was before the show started obv)

I'm glad I'm the resident 'teen-pop warrior' of this contest. I'm also proud that I've been able to get some of craziest entries of the subgenre to get Top 20 and even Top 10 finishes, which proves that everyone should enter whatever they are passionate about and try to open people's minds to something they might not have thought they'd love.

I mean Julie Bjerre 4th?

Destinee & Paris 9th?

Freakin' Tiffany Giardina 13th???

I took Jonathan27's baton and I've re-wrote the book on how it's done. hehe

Oh and after all that, my new entry isn't all that teen-pop dddd, but it's a bop.

7. I once checked the results at a job interview while I was waiting for the second interviewer to come in. (I still got the job!)

8. Yes let's do this!

As for the question... I think I've only ever checked the reveals at home. Nice to start this round with a flop already...

9. Submitted!

@iheartpoptarts, since you'll know which entry is mine, I'm expecting payment for all the 12s I've thrown your way!

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  10. Altough it's only my second PJSC, in the beginning of the revealing of PJSC 59 I was in a chinese restaurant. And I've finally learnt how to use chopsticks properly, then I thought "If I can use chopsticks, I can get at least top 20 in my first PJSC!".

I got home to follow the next reveals and I eventually got a #22, which is the peak of The Saturdays 'Work' in the UK Charts, so that's ok.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  11. I hope you celebrated with a sultry catwalk strut!

[​IMG]

12. [​IMG]

13. I don't think I'll ever top this, and I'd love to see someone try!

One time I thought no one was going to vote for my act (he was a guy... I tend to have bad luck with that), so I decided I'd just go to a wine festival. I somehow landed in the top ten. Needless to say, it was a good day.

14. Submitted a fucking massive song.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  15. In it with veto-click bait, but my back up is lit too. So bring it. After that random victorious effort of achieving the award I wanted the previous round I am feeling lucky.

16. Submitted! Getting an award last round was good for my spirits.

Most ridiculous place? I'm always home.

iheartpoptarts, haps and soratami like this.
  17. This past two months has had some INCREDIBLE releases so I’m excited.

@Derek our last minute fight begins again.

iheartpoptarts and Derek like this.
  18. Those 2017 stats.

When you...

won once this year.
    was #2 this year.

But you are ranked as 22nd on having the most points of the year. People participating in only 7 contest out of 10 are placed higher. What a disaster from my other 8 entries.

Here is my trackrecord so far this year: 31 of 32 // 1st of 36 // 29 of 37 // 24 of 39 // 2nd of 37 // 39 of 39 // 32 of 32 // 18 of 40 // 27 of 35 // 36 of 37.

19. I feel like P!nk - somehow I’m #2 on the 2017 list and was #3 on the 2016 list too?

iheartpoptarts likes this.