Power Rangers | Page 56 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Rangers

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mr. Mr., May 7, 2014.

1. it was odd that they never really explained that the zords were dinosaurs and which power ranger had which etc. Also why the mastodon had about 8 legs...

2. I remember Alpha explained "The Zords take the form of whatever is most powerful, and back then dinosaurs roamed the planet" and they're coded by colour.

3. I think that's a fan theory as to why the Megazord looks a bit like Goldar.....he's the most powerful thing to them.

4. Yeah it was definitely stated why the zords were dinosaurs, even if it doesn't really explain why each ranger got that specific zord but you still knew who's was who's from the colour.

To be honest there's so much to explore with regards to the origin of the rangers, their zords etc. I would love a prequel movie to explain it all to be honest but given the ropey numbers this one did, I can't see us getting any more movies at all.

When does the film open in Japan and China? And how well is it expected to do in these markets?

5. Yes but there was no "Kimberly, you own the pterodactyl" or whatever. I mean, it's not like the zords were easily identifiable...

6. I've been following it's box office quite a lot as I'm an obsessed fan boy. I've not really seen any predictions anywhere for either, I wouldn't expect much from Japan but if it takes off in China it could save the movie!

It's just a shame its overseas numbers have been so bad. Because it's domestic performance has been decent enough that if overseas matched it at this stage we could at least tentatively say a sequel would be likely.

7. I'd be incredibly shocked if we got a sequel.

8. Chris_P likes this.
  9. I was going to make some snarky comment about their inability to grasp proportion in any of the bodies, but the weapon designs are surprisingly solid and in-keeping so work.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  10. Mr.Arroz likes this.
  11. HollyDunnSomething likes this.
  12. [​IMG]

What the fuck is this cover tho.

13. I prefer this one they used for promotional posters

[​IMG]

14. That seems to be a trend in modern sci-fi movies at the moment. Probably the result of scenes being left on the cutting room floor.

Something like Power Rangers needs things spelling out like that. It's part of the appeal. If they weren't going to give us a proper morph sequence they could at least have introduced the Zords properly.

spillett and HollyDunnSomething like this.
  15. This is the UK cover.

Target US has an exclusive cover and German appears to as well.

16. I have no desire to watch this movie again. It wasn't awful but there wasn't enough there to grab me either. Here's to another reboot in 20 years when I'm 54!

Tribal Spaceman likes this.