PRISTIN. (Pledis Girlz) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PRISTIN. (Pledis Girlz)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Blayke, Jan 7, 2017.

1. PRISTIN.
    prismatic (bright and clear) + elastin (flawless strength)

[​IMG]
    L-R: Nayoung, Sungyeon, Yebin, Kyla, Siyeon, Pinky, Minkyung, Eunwoo, Yewon & Kyungwon.

This 10 member girl group hails from Pledis Entertainment, home to After School, Orange Caramel, NU'EST, Seventeen and the former homes of Kahi, Son Dambi and Hello Venus. Originally called 'Pledis Girlz', seven of the girls were first seen on reality musical survival show Produce 101. Nayoung and Pinky ended up winning a place in the final group, I.O.I who went on to release three mini albums in 2016 and disbanding in January 2017. Sungyeon has also attracted a lot of attention from being a participant in the survival singing show Girl Spirit. The girls received a lot of attention on the show for having a unique dynamic and since then, Pristin has been busy building up its fan base. They have already hosted two tours as 'Pledis Girls' and at their 2017 'Bye & Hi' concert they announced their group name.

Pristin (then as 'Pledis Girlz') released a 'pre-debut' single entitled 'We' which was composed by Eunwoo and Sungyeon and written by Minkyung, Eunwoo, Sungyeon, and Siyeon.

The girls are planning on debuting early 2017 and have begun their 'Debut Project' which involves them performing covers of popular songs: Adore U, Catch Me If You Can. For their 2017 'Bye & Hi' concert, they recorded and stream it via Facebook live.

More information to be included at it is released.​

Alouder98, Lego, Seger and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ready to stan for Stone Rapgod Nayoung's Unpretty Rapstar 4 win that elevates them to mid-tier if nothing else

[​IMG]

Alouder98, Ceir and Seger like this.
  3. Nayoung made the mistake of revealing she does actually have a personality, just a very dull one. She's over.

4. The "Bye & Hi" concert was strangely emotional in the part where they transitioned from "Pledis Girlz" to "Pristin." Around the end of the concert they each re-introduced themselves one by one as a member of Pristin. Every member seems genuinely happy.

Not when bad girl Kyla is in the house.

5. [​IMG]

But seriously Kyla looks great - the rap sub-unit is going to be fiyah.

Seger likes this.
  6. The colors of their sweaters at the end are their respective units supposedly.

I have high hopes for these girls! IOI Leader Nayoung leading this group, Produce 101's #1-voted visual Pinky is here too, and eight of the ten girls have been on the telly last year.

Finally, the long wait is over!

7. I'm ready to stan for these girls like I did with After School. Nayoung's ideal idol is Uee and Pinky's is Nana.

Seger and Ceir like this.
  8. We run this town, it's a whole new world
    (insert rapping in Korean) Yeah pump up and CRAZY!

Blayke likes this.
  9. Can we appreciate their cover of 'Adore U' for one moment? They absolutely annihilated SEVENTEEN. I really hope their choreography for their debut is on par.

10. Their version of Very Very Very is quite good too. Particularly because Pinky is center.

Slice of Life, Blayke and Ceir like this.
  11. Which one will become Raina aka lines & spotlight hoarder/root of all evil?

12. Sungyeon for sure!

13. 10 girls!?? I could never! this is too much!

14. Seven of them were in the ultra-popular program Produce 101, one was in the singing competition Girl Spirit, and Korea is also excited for them as they gained so much positive recognition last year as trainees for this group. Two of them are already very popular idols now too.

15. He

He

I'm having such a hard time finding Yebin in all of their performances.

Bring back the bob!

D is for Danger! likes this.
  16. Pinky, Nayoung and one of the "main vocals" need to be the new Orange Caramel.

Thanks in advance.

17. He

He

I'd put Eunwoo and take out Nayoung, she is the farthest possible from the Orange Caramel vibe.

18. It's less about a vibe and more about my favorites.

He likes this.
  19. He

He

Haha, then I call for Yebin!

What should we name their Orange Caramel-like subunit?