Produce 101 Season 3 | Produce 48 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Produce 101 Season 3 | Produce 48

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Seger, Nov 29, 2017.

1. The Produce thread have quite stood on their own here, so the suffering continues!

Coming this 2018!
    Alouder98 and Slice of Life like this.
  2. Are there even enough trainees to do this? WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN
    Slice of Life and junglefish like this.
  3. Every Korean citizen is now required to join an agency at age 8.
    aznjesus, Seger, R92 and 3 others like this.
  4. We're not ready.
    RUNAWAY and He like this.
  5. Ddd.mp3 I never finished season 2, but I'm back in for this one.
    Squashua, He, Seger and 3 others like this.
  6. I kinda resent my parents for putting me to school instead of shipping me to Korea to become an idol.
  7. The show is coming this first half of the year.
    R92, Slice of Life and Alouder98 like this.
  8. This season will be just girls right?
  9. Has there ever been a successful group like AK48 with the same theatre/election-style system in Korea? It seems like an odd venture to pursue.
  10. I'm surprised there wasn't an uproar over using Japanese format (well, if there are potentila for money national pride is irrelevant) and didn't the flop of THE BOYS24 teach them anything?

I think they'll Koreanize the format. It'll be just 48 girls in standard idol group for like a year and then that's it.
    Ceir and Seger like this.
  11. Boys24 / IN2IT. But they boy group itself just debuted last year so it's still too early to tell.
  12. But didn't they cut it down to 8 members who are permanent as opposed to what I believe AK48 does where the lineup changes each release?
  13. That was always the end game for this project. Prior to that they did shows as 24 members for few days a week in theater. The whole thing was complicated.
    Sanctuary likes this.
  14. It was the Top27 who had the opportunity to perform in the Boys24 Theater for a total of 260 shows. After all the votes have been gathered, the final 8 was chosen.
    Sanctuary likes this.
  15. Produce 48 will make a girl group which will debut both in Korea and Japan.

The original concept for Season 3 became what we've known as MixNine (Boys versus Girls). Anyway, say hello to a new girl group before this year ends. They will most likely be against fromis_9 and Loona for the year-end rookie awards.
    mokimbird likes this.
  16. This is just a rumor going around Pann, but apparently this is some of the cast and the comments are already a jingoistic mess because of all the Japanese contestants ddd.

Some of the notable names in the Korean list are:

Hina from SM (?!?!?!)
    Kim Bora from FNC
    Han Hyeri from Season 1 (it lists her as a personal trainee, did she escape Star Empire?)
    Shin Yeeun from ContentY (visual goddess!)
    Ahn Dabi from Maroo (Jihoon's label) + Mixnine
    Ahn Yoojin from Starship (the dancer stealing the shine in Sewoon's performances)
    Eunjin and Somyi from survival support group D.I.A.
    Yena from Yuhua
    Bae Eunyoung, Jo Yuri, and Lee Sian from Idol School

Apparently there'll also be a JYP trainee but she isn't in the list. I hope it's true if only for Hyeri coming back for her rightful 11th place spot, but I'm suspect with an SM rookie in there unless she left the company.
  17. I can't at rumors of DIA girls in another survival show but Eunjin deserves a spot.

And Han Hyeri needs to have a career already!

Slice of Life and junglefish like this.
  18. I can totally see Korea-Japan war breaking out over this.
    Slice of Life and Seger like this.
  19. Not Somyi possibly on another survival show. I think Jooeun would be more of a hit in P48.
  20. [​IMG]
    Slice of Life likes this.